who here is also in love with the new "403" area c

iMac

• 2 weeks later...

Had to re-pin all the numbers in our phones. It was a patch on a red patient in town with no time and worst is i've never known the EMERG number just speed dial one or contacts and hit H and send lol I actually had to re-pin while driving to get a patch in... 30 seconds before we arrived.

*Shakes fist at telus computer*

Ah, thanks for the clarification. We have been at 10 digits for about 5 or 6 years now. It's a pain in the a** at first but you will get used to it pretty quick. The bad thing here is the fact that we have two area codes to deal with so you find yourself always asking if its 636 or 314 any time you get a number. Like i said tho, you do get used to it!

New York city started with one area code, 212, figuring the short number for the dial to return, before the touch tone phones. Roughly 1980, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island were severed from 212, and given 718.

Due to the explosion of cell phones and what not, the Bronx was eventually split from 212, and joined 718, and most recently, we now have area code "overlay", which means New York City now has possibly 4 different area codes for the same geographic city block. It doesn't matter if you're hard wired, or using a cell phone.

By the way, when the 212/718 first happened, the ones who made out like bandits were the people who painted the advertisements, including the phone numbers, on the sides of service vehicles, either adding or changing the area codes.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.