MMA Children Beat Hell Out of Each Other - Sport or Not?

spenac

Sport or child abuse?  

9 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sport
    • Child abuse
    • depends on coaches and refs

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it. In semantics "contests", even if you lose, you win...in a slight elevation of your education. That's why I don't mind having some things brought to my attention.

Just thought I would share this with you all, This just shows that kids can get hurt in any sport out there, even a simple game of catch. I know the medic who ran this call..........

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?...322&catid=3

(KSDK) - This weekend's baseball tournament at the Arnold Athletic Association complex has been suspended after the death of a young player.

Tanner Boynton, 13, of DeSoto was hit in the neck by a pitched baseball while practicing. It happened Thursday evening. He died Friday. A bouquet of balloons and flowers were placed in the empty Koury League Field. There's no word on when the tournament will be rescheduled.

His death was certainly on the minds of some parents watching their children play baseball on Saturday in Affton. Steve Tobey immediately thought about both his sons who play youth baseball.

"My son did get hit in the chest between the chest protector and guard this season catching," Tobey said. "Nothing happened, but a few weeks later this happened with that one boy and it really, really scared us that something like that could've happened to our son also."

While Tobey is concerned for his son's safety, he won't let that fear keep his children from playing baseball.

Because of privacy laws, the hospital would not release what was the actual cause of Boynton's death.