What is going on?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hip surgery and A fib. She has PE right there. IV, O2, Monitor. She needs Diesel to get to ER. Get ready to work a CODE

She coded as soon as they loaded her on the ambo. It was a PE so says the great ER MD!

And Spenac I was that NURSE thank you. *grumbles at spanac*

And Spenac I was that NURSE thank you. *grumbles at spanac*

Then I definitly would check that everything was right. Did you actually turn the oxygen on? :twisted: And if you turned it on did you conect the little plactic hose to the oxygen? :twisted:

Hey I was right. Guess those books that hold the chair up have value for something else. :wink:

Then I definitly would check that everything was right. Did you actually turn the oxygen on? :twisted: And if you turned it on did you conect the little plactic hose to the oxygen? :twisted:

Hey I was right. Guess those books that hold the chair up have value for something else. :wink:

Hose are you kidding me we use a plastic cup and straws....its a real pain to get all those straws on that concentrator!!!! :wink:

5 lpm and she was at 81%????????? typical NH..

No Don not typical NH she had no problems all day. It was sudden onset and she was on O2 already at 5 L. Trash if you like but she was even up doing therapy earlier in that morning. No problems at all.

5 lpm and she was at 81%????????? typical NH..

I'm assuming that was the SPO2 upon the staff finding the patient. I doubt they left her like that. It's easy for us to trash the folks at extended care facilities, but we don't work in an environment where 30 to 1 is considered an acceptable patient - provider ratio. I'm not saying that bad care doesn't happen, but Itku2er already told us she was the nurse at the facility and I think we can agree that she's smarter than the average bear.