Cell phone use in bathrooms

Just Plain Ruff

I have seen this more and more. I'm in the airport and in the bathroom doing whatever I do and invariably I see people walking in talking on their cell phones.

Does anyone see a problem with that.

sorry for the TMI factor for the next:

As a matter of fact, one night at around 1045 pm I was in a stall doing my business and a guy got in the stall next to mine. He said "HI how ya doin" and I was surprised, I said "Pretty good" he then said, "how was your day" and I said fine and he said "No honey, it's some assH03le sitting next to me" well I was pissed.

So I loudly said "God dangit look at the size of that Turd that Asshole left in this stool"

The guy immediately said Bye.

He wasn't very happy.

Does anyone else make nasty comments in the bathroom if someone is on their phone?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you think too much Ruff...LOL.

Honestly it does not bother me one iota. They can jabber all day, I won't be there that long and quite honestly their conversation would have no impact on my bathroom abilities, so...relax man!

I do not consider it rude nor intrusive. We are in a bathroom for crying out loud. Restaraunts, theater, other public venues, yes it is rude, but a toilet stall, no worries.

Does anyone else make nasty comments in the bathroom if someone is on their phone?

Since you asked, no.

But I admit that was pretty funny. Although I'm not sure your stallmate understood that he had been disturbing you; he might have simply thought you were trying to annoy him.

I think it is rude as well as disgusting. Ummm think about where you are touching and then you are in contact with your phone. Besides if I am on the other side of the conversation and hear a loud fart followed by plop plop I will never answer if you call again.

that's what I'm getting at.

If I was a client and someone I was paying good money to was talking to me and I heard someone say something like I did or someone Farted really loud which sometimes in bathrooms they can hear that or if I heard multiple flushes of the toilets then I'd be having a conversation with that person.

Plus you are talking on your phone, you wipe your bottom, you then touch your phone with your hands and you have just made your phone super nasty.

I just find it RUDE

Totally rude, Ruff, no question. And only since you asked, I volunteered a different way to respond, or perhaps sometimes not-respond, to rudeness and other evils, with an eye to likely results rather than solely private satisfaction. To each his own, and you gave me a laugh.

I do wonder what is sooo important one has to continue chattering all the time. Even more disgusting is those that want to share their conversation with everyone. Seriously, there was a reason for phone booths...

R/r 911

Rude to whom??

Rude to you, the stall mate?

If it were a client, yes it would be rude. But you stated he said "hi honey" so maybe between the two of them it is not rude.

As far as the ick factor, if he choose to contaminate his phone, then that is his choice. I do not think it is a public hazard, because how many people do you share your phone with?

As far as contaminating, I may be a wee bit more skilled but I do not think I have ever soiled my hands or much less came in contact with "ick" while cleaning myself.

Again as far as the cleanliness of a public bathroom, there have been multiple studies that showed it to be much cleaner than any doorknob you may touch.

Personally, I do not find it disgusting or rude to anyone in the bathroom, now on the other end, yes it may be rude depending on who you are conversing with.