Whats with shorts and flip flops on scene?

The funny thing is bigj is that people will talk about how their departments dont have the money for extrication gear (we'll say a volly EMS squad so they dont have turnouts issued) but said members who respond in the shorts and flip flops have no problem spending $100s-$1000s on lights for their POV. Think Im making it up? *laughing* I see it alot. I mean spending $275 on a new LED Talon (when you already have 4 other lights and a bar) vs about $300 on an extrication suit and gloves sounds like a no brainer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bank manager does not have to carry 50 lbs of equipment up to see their "customer", then carry their "customer" down a flight of stairs, load them on a cot, and lift them into an ambulance.

With the present direction of the economy, that may change.

I am with a volunteer department. NO POVing TO incidents is allowed!!! You respond on apparatus or not at all!!! You respond in running gear provided by the department. For EMS we have overalls or a pants/jacket set by globe in the summer you don't have to wear the jacket, but must have an approved department shirt on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.