Whats with shorts and flip flops on scene?

Well I have done it in shorts before but It was like 2 min from my house and it was a family member. I did help care for the patient but I wasn't represtenting any angency at the time I actually was just a rubbernecker :twisted: :twisted:

I have even worked a code in a dress and high heels :wink: :wink: :wink:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have done it in shorts before but It was like 2 min from my house and it was a family member. I did help care for the patient but I wasn't represtenting any angency at the time I actually was just a rubbernecker :twisted: :twisted:

KEWL :D

We had one (at least), paid, full-time, very well funded suburban FD recently switch to wearing navy blue shorts while on-duty during the summer months. :shock:

Besides the fact that it looks horribly unprofessional when they bring a patient in wearing their department t-shirt and a pair of shorts, who really wants to see a bunch of middle-aged guy's pasty white legs? Maybe if they had a department full of females.... say 25, old enough to be respectable but young enough not to know better... :twisted: :twisted:

We had one (at least), paid, full-time, very well funded suburban FD recently switch to wearing navy blue shorts while on-duty during the summer months. :shock:

Besides the fact that it looks horribly unprofessional when they bring a patient in wearing their department t-shirt and a pair of shorts, who really wants to see a bunch of middle-aged guy's pasty white legs? Maybe if they had a department full of females.... say 25, old enough to be respectable but young enough not to know better... :twisted: :twisted:

That is a sexist remark I am offended by it. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brought in a full arrest one day and the ER was busy. So they had a few of the floor nurses come down. The head nurse from one of the floors came down and she was wearing a nurse's uniform dress, somewhat short. She was going to relieve me from doing compressions. Since she was short she couldn't use her body as leverage from standing on the floor. What does she do? She hikes up her skirt and kneels on the side of the bed. They were those wide Stryker beds so there was room. We all knew her so it didn't surprise us a bit. But the ER doc working that day was fairly new so he was a little awestruck.

My work here is done. :D

I hope you're not taking me seriously on this... :shock:

:?: :?: :?: Are you telling me that everything I read online isnt true :?: :?:

retrotherapy.jpg

I've only done patient care twice while in shorts and flip flops. The first time was when I was working as a lifeguard and rolled up to the scene of a car vs pedestrian as it was being paged out. I just held c-spine and did a very very basic assessment until fire showed up. The second time I was 3 cars behind a motorcyclist who was hit by a car and thrown over the handle bars. Again, I just held c-spine and checked his level of consciousness. He was wearing full leathers and a helmet so he really wasn't too bad.

There have been multiple heat stress studies done proving that shorts decrease the amount of stress that Firefighters encounter, especially during summer months.

In the winter, yes, I can see class B uniforms, but in the summer, or anytime the heat goes above 85 , polo shirts and shorts are THE way to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.