86 y/o w F altered LOC

Sitting at station watching your favorite episode of American Idol over and over again, when you get toned out to a 86 year old white female with an altered level of conciousnous at the osbournes resturant. Dispatch advises the caller said they were having dinner when the Pt. went into a blank stare followed by not being able to keep the pt. attention. The pt. advises abd. pain radiating to her back and shoulder blades. pt. findings were drops of blood pressure, with pale skin. When trying to ask the pt. questions the pt. goes unresponsive.

You would continue how?

And what is the pt. experiencing.

Whats the Pulse? Resp? R & R of both? Skin Cond(other than pale)? What was she eating? Facial Droop? Confusion? EKG? Pupils? Heart Sounds? Any Allergies? Hx if possible...

First things first BSI and S/S(current medic student ha ha)

I would start with Airway maintaince(head-tilt-chin-chin lift; O2 at necessary flow), do a D-stick, start an IV, place her on the monitor, and physical exam.

Initial thoughts: possible MI, CVA/TIA, Anaphylaxis, AAA

Again...??? I'm not as think as you confused I am.

Is this turning into online MEDIC class? Shane, what about the VS instead of a "dropping blood pressure"? your there, so take the blood pressure and tell us what YOU got, maybe some actual Hx? YOU were there right? So what did the Pt say before becoming unresponsive? Did she stay unresponsive? Hook us up!

the Pt. went into a blank stare followed by not being able to keep the pt. attention. The pt. advises abd. pain radiating to her back and shoulder blades. pt. findings were drops of blood pressure, with pale skin. When trying to ask the pt. questions the pt. goes unresponsive.

You no speak-a-de-lingo of a Paramedic I am afraid.

I used to be a little concerned about my up-and-coming NR Exam, but after reading your scenarios, it appears I can put the books away and just chill.

Thanks for the heads up :cheers:

This kid couldn't pass the NR with a cheat sheet. Anyways, he should stop now before he really makes himself like like an idiot. He's already well on his way.

info dammit!

vitals b/p, resps, pulse reg or irreg,

pmhx

allergies

meds

what is her normal mentation and where is she at now, the picture aint finished being painted dang it!!!!

lol

This kid couldn't pass the NR with a cheat sheet. Anyways, he should stop now before he really makes himself like like an idiot. He's already well on his way.

you got that just from his two scenario posts? That's good detective work but alas, I fear it might be true.

you never did send me what I pm'd you to send. I'd like to see them.