as a Paramedic.....

TDP

/sarcasm Any patient that doesn't follow my cookbook protocol book /sarcasm on

But seriously, any patient that presents in an airplane 37K in the air with a BP of 80/40 and only one bag of 500ml NS, one 18 ga, one 20 ga, and one 22 ga iv cath.

Or any patient in the air that presents with a heart rate of 40 and NO ALS equipment. Had that one happen too about a year and a half ago. (she ended up coding in the ambulance on the tarmac)

Ventmedic wrote: "Elderly trauma patients. Just knowing that whatever years they have left will be shortened and full of painful procedures breaks my heart. "

I'll second that. The elderly lady who injured her hip; who's been living alone in her own home and who has been independent, and who you know will likely end up in a nursing home.

I read quite a bit and take any extra training possible to try and sharpen the edge.

This is the best part of this whole thread, recognizing the weak points and researching it and learning. Ive heard so many times. This is my weakest point " ________"

But the person never takes the time to do studies or research that subject. Any free moment I have I look for changes to what I have already been taught, or new faster ways to do things, or just look up things that I may only come across once in my career.

Were supposed to never stop learning, but for many it stops the moment they get off probation and get into a lazy boy.

BABIES when they told me that if you go to a call for a baby the parent will throw it in your arms and screem save my baby. Im here to say it is true its what they do and it is always hard to get a good history out of a histarical parent. The other thing is having to fly to my pt.

I unlike the others like the psych calls. They are a challange for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.