Bat-Belt or Cargo Pocket

Bat belt syndrome is rampant at my agency.

Required to carry:

2x alphanumeric pagers (1 personal, 1 assigned to your ambulance)

Minitor (tones) pager

ID card

PPE pouch for Atropine/2PAM autoinjectors, N95 mask, fluid splash mask, Oakley safety glasses

I added a key ring, ALS field guide, pocket protocol book, small notebook, 2x pairs of gloves, trauma shears, some throwaway pens/sharpies, and trauma shears. Also a Surefire G2 flashlight in a pouch.

Bat belt syndrome is rampant at my agency.

Required to carry:

2x alphanumeric pagers (1 personal, 1 assigned to your ambulance)

Minitor (tones) pager

ID card

PPE pouch for Atropine/2PAM autoinjectors, N95 mask, fluid splash mask, Oakley safety glasses

I added a key ring, ALS field guide, pocket protocol book, small notebook, 2x pairs of gloves, trauma shears, some throwaway pens/sharpies, and trauma shears. Also a Surefire G2 flashlight in a pouch.

You actually have to CARRY these all the time?? I think that is a bit overkill...Maybe its just me 8)

You actually have to CARRY these all the time?? I think that is a bit overkill...Maybe its just me 8)

Yes we are required to carry them whenever we are out and about/on a call. My agency is big on safety. We also have issued ballistic vests and bunker gear for vehicle extrication. If you are injured/exposed on a call, the first question you'll get is "were you wearing your issued protective equipment?"

AK I carry gloves and a pen in my pocket.

Everything else I need is in jump bag or back of truck. Makes for lightweight carefree days....

Spenac If it ain't in the jump bag I don't need it.

Exactly I have but one back to give. I will add the smaller the bag the :) I am.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.