To Swerve or Not, That is the Question, Deer in the Road

spenac

Floor it, the faster you hit, the more likely it is to clear the ambulance :D .

Seriously though, many organizations have policies in place to not swerve to hit or miss wildlife. Hit it, kill it, but don't get others involved. In short, night - night Bambi!

Besides, you won't have to buy dinner that night. Every little bit of money saving helps, you know.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We see these all the time. It's an easy way to explain a crash caused by stupidity. Why exactly did you crash on a straight stretch with no trees or ditches? Oh.. Uhhh.. A deer ran out in front of me. It was explained by my insurance dude, that if you hit a deer, they'll pay for the damage. If you swerve to miss it and crash, you weren't in control of your vehicle, therefore the accident is your fault; and they'll be less likely to pay.

Make sure you keep the lower legs and nail them to a board.

Sounds far fetched doesn't it?

It's' a true story

I have no doubt to authenticity, just another application for a spine board in Missouri EMS ? Hey it is only fair ALL trauma patients need to have proper spinal precautions and far easier to pack around.

And man, what a great story for the squeamish, while drinking beer and playing pool !

Mateo I am SO with you on this one we sometimes refer to them as organic speed bumps or MVD.

AND this really in'st funny because I pasted a Muley one a month ago with my truck and its still in the $#&^$@!!! shop.... I learned my lesson and when it ever gets fixed . ..........

it will be coming out with a big ass bambi busting bumper, so next time its the spray wand.

AND this really in'st funny because I pasted a Muley one a month ago with my truck and its still in the $#&^$@!!! shop.... I learned my lesson and when it ever gets fixed . ..........

it will be coming out with a big ass bambi busting bumper, so next time its the spray wand.

Here you go. http://www.ranchhand.com/FrontBumperReplacements.aspx

spenac

Thanks for the lead, I choose a fab four a "Roo Bumper" designed in OZ .... imagine that.

PLEASE go and bolt it on, I will pay cash!

Better to hit the deer then swerve, then you have evidence for the insurance company and the local law enforcement. We hit a deer on the way home from a call and members of our unit went back and got said deer and processed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.