Music in the Rig

Im all for music. Even if there is a patient in the back. My rig doesnt have speakers in the back but I like it so I can have just a little background music while in the jump seat. Lots of times patients are like turn it up!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually don't have the radios going in the rigs. We have XM Radio in the responders, though. So that's always a plus. Generally the rig airtime is reserved for radio bands, except when we're on the way back to quarters. The tones from Dispatch override the radio volume anyway, so we pump it up on the way back to the garage.

Nothing wrong with music!

I'm studying at the moment and on clinical placements while transporting non-emerg casualties we regularly had music on. Usually a classic hits station (something everyone can listen to) and if the patient has a problem with it then we turn it off. Simple as that.

I also volunteer with an event first aid service and if it's just the crew in the vehicle we have an iPod pumped up loud as heck

If no-one is unhappy/uncomfortable with music then I think it can really help.

I like to play "Stayin' Alive" during a code. Or "another one bites the dust". It's a good beat for compressions.

I also like to play Ozzie over the radio when the volunteers go to a wreck and everyone's screaming on the radio. Ozzie : "Voices. Voices. A thousand thousand voices. Whispering, the time has passed for choices." That's my favorite one! I love doing that. Especially before they put the identifiers in the radio. Although the dispatchers always knew it was me anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.