Terrible relazation on a sad sad day!

mshow00

According to the local news, it was the EMT "driver" going down the interstate at 60+ mph when a red/maroon car pulled along side and pepper the drivers side of the ambulance with an automatic riffle. The EMT took one the the left arm, and one center mast chest. The paramedic and the pt in back were unharmed. The basic pulled over, the medic jumped in the front, and grew wings to the hospital. The EMT was air lifted to a level one trauma center across the river(MO) where they were able to retrieve the bullet in his arm, however the one in his chest is too close to the aorta.

The scene where the initial shooting was secure, but how the hell are we suppose to keep ourselves safe when we are hunted on the road?

At this point, the police believe it was the original gunner(s) attempting to finish what they started possibly followed from the scene, almost all the shots were in the pt care area.

I'm not getting you here....

If 'almost all of the shots were in the patient care area' then how was the patient or medic not hit? But the basic, in the cab, hit twice?

And besides, Dust would tell you that as the patient was already being cared for from the original call, the basic should have simply been shoved out of the cab and left to the next ambulance to be dispatched.

(OK, so that sounded pretty funny in my head, though I have my doubts about how it's going to play out in the real world...)

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.