Funny ambulance commercial

paramedicmike

Funny thing - the actors speak Finnish, except the patient with the broken leg - he is speaking Swedish - now that is common in Helsinki, which is where the street scenes appear to be.. BUT the slide at the end refers to an insurance company in Germany (I think) -

those europeans are strange... :?

so THAAAAAATS what you do, the look on the bicyclists face just as the EMT was about to use the paddles on him was hilarious, bet he recieved a "shocking" experiance :lol:

Let me just put you in the picture here..... it's a Dutch commercial for a health insurance company. The setup is a Dutch couple on a cycling holiday in Finland. I gave a presentation in Pennsylvania some weeks ago and ended by showing this film. In order to do so, I asked the insurance company for permission first. Their contact told me that they wanted to set the film in Holland, but knew that our national governing body for EMS wouldn't buy it. I now know what I pay my licence to practice fees for...... :lol:

Kaisu - the Swedish is Dutch, and never call a Dutchman German! How would you like to be called Canadian? :lol::lol:

WM

My husband and I were traveling in Europe one year and were at a train station. There was a couple there that looked and sounded German... and sure enough, they were the ones we shared a compartment with. They had sized us up as Americans. We had a good laugh because they were Dutch and we were Canadians. We had mistaken each other for the notoriously less than desireable travel companions. (PS - I've been in the US for 9 years)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.