Woman Driver Strikes Again

Dustdevil

Wow, they went kinda harsh on her. She got herself run over while acting as a backer, right...it's not like she drove into anyone. I've seen murder suspects get less flak on the news...

It's the driver they are ragging on, not the backer. Both women.

Miller was very lucky. Wink, the driver will be very if she is only suspended. But I don't think firing is called for, yet. But in the future, the three strike rule should be in effect.

The backer has to be responsible for paying attention to where they are also. She shouldn't have been even close to the post. They need to let the driver know where they are at all times.

Miller was very lucky. Wink, the driver will be very if she is only suspended. But I don't think firing is called for, yet. But in the future, the three strike rule should be in effect.
I don't know firedoc5. She's had 2 accident's in 3 months, both her fault, or at least partially. I'm not sure how long the probationary period is at Wilson County EMS, but I would think it could possibly be grounds for dismissal. At minimum, she should lose her driving privileges and never, never get behind the wheel of anything larger than a Volkswagen Beetle again.

The fault lies entirely with the agency. They FAIL to provide adequate training and supervision. Fire the chief.

I don't know firedoc5. She's had 2 accident's in 3 months, both her fault, or at least partially. I'm not sure how long the probationary period is at Wilson County EMS, but I would think it could possibly be grounds for dismissal. At minimum, she should lose her driving privileges and never, never get behind the wheel of anything larger than a Volkswagen Beetle again.

Very true. It could go both ways. Guess it depends on the powers to be, what they think, and what kind of mood they are in.

• 1 year later...

While it doesnt look good, I think in fairness we should see her civilian driving record before passing judgment.

It could be that she is not yet capable of driving heavy vehicles. If this is the case, then it is the fault of the department in failing to train staff properly & appropriately. I t could also be they are using innappropriate vehicles (when a full root cause analysis occurs).

Conversly, if she has held the appropriate licence & has experience driving heavy vehicles with a poor record away from the department, then she should be barred from driving & the person who hired her should be suspended pending investigation for failure to employ appropriatley qualified persons!

There is an onus on an employer to ensure that a potential employee has the qualifications & experience required to do the job they are being employed for. There is also an onus on the employer to ensure appropriate & ongoing training in all facets is addressed.

Take into account that any vehicle handled incorrectly can and will kill somebody, from a bicycle, to a Smart4Two, to a Peterbuilt hauling tandem boxes, to a Chessie system freight train, to the Queen Mary 2, to the USS Enterprise (US Navy, not United Star Ship, although the analogy holds there, too).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.