The up comming pandamic flu are we aready??

Well as I sat in my crew meeting last night the subject came to light that a young girl in Indonesia was the carrier of what every knew was coming. she was the carrier of what well could be the demise the allot of people all around the world. Now i am not sure what exactly two two viruses that she is caring are but I am sure with a little research I could find out. So my question is how prepared do you think we can get as EMS professional. I know I love this job but I also have two beautiful babies at home too. Do you think we are going to need more specialized training; and if so I wonder how long it will be until it implemented in to everyday standards? On that note I want to see what everyone else thinks. I would really like know.

we're all going to die

But really I think it's the flu he's talking about. One of the untreatable non vaccincation kinds.

But who knows. There are a good dozen or so that are gonna wipe us out eventually.

We have to go back to "Doctor Strangelove (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb)", as we seem to be in a "Doomsday Device" race.

Just remember, there will be no fighting here, this is, after all, the War Room!

Frankly, for the most part, we're about as ready as anyone can get when it comes to just a certain type of virus. What we know and what we do already will just have to do, for now at least. I'm sure almost everyone here has had to "seal up" all the cabinents and prep the entire rig before a patient with something specific has to be loaded. Glove, mask, gown, the whole nine and ten yards of stuff. Then have to disinfect everything before being put back into service. Other than doing the "boy in the bubble" thing I don't see what else we could do without specializing, and I don't think there is a service out there that specialize on a large scale. In the future there might be, but for right now we got what we got.

I have a niece with cystic fibrosis. Actually had two, but her older sister passed away from it a few years back. And she fought MRSA, but is clear of it now and doing great. So if it's treated right and the proper precautions are made it's not impossible to beat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.