Carrying Oxygen off duty

CONTENT REMOVED - ADMIN

I can't understand why they would want to carry a pressurized (read dangerous) cannister of oxygen around with them in their POV..CONTENT REMOVED - ADMIN

Besides the prescription drug issue... :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just as bad as a medic carrying around a full intubation kit, a full drug kit and iv supplies in their personal vehicle.

CONTENT REMOVED - ADMIN

A lot of volunteer services have EMT's with O2 bottles in their car, which is still considered the volunteer first aid squad's bottle. They take care of it, make sure it's full, and tested. I completely disagree with people having O2 bottles in the back of their car, since it probably means they drive their whacker mobile to scenes and go in by themselves. That being dangerous in itself, so is this risk of actually having a loaded missile* in the back of your car. Are you really trying to risk your life by carrying something since your a "volunteer"?

I'm not putting you down as a volunteer, as I am still one myself. But it's bad enough we put ourself at risk for free, so why add to it? Be safe out there.

*loaded missile aftermath

To rephrase, can just about anyone get oxygen?

Yes anyone can get oxygen, it's all around you. You don't even need a prescription. But to get more and 21% oxygen you need some way to give more than what everyone else in the world gets for free. You need a oxygen bottle with 100% oxygen in it. You need a prescription for that amount.

But on a serious note - just what are you going to do when your oxygen bottle runs out while you are working a code or whatever? You will have provided high concentrations of oxygen and now you ran out. Your ambulance is still 5 or 10 minutes away. You have now done more harm than you intended because you at first provided oxygen and now you have none. hmmmm does anyone else have a problem with this?

A lot of volunteer services have EMT's with O2 bottles in their car, which is still considered the volunteer first aid squad's bottle. They take care of it, make sure it's full, and tested.

The maintenance and testing is still done under the company name. The company should also define safety for their volunteers carrying the O2 in their POV and how much responsibility they are going to absorb.

The differences being with these volunteers, health clubs, schools etc, as opposed to anybody with an EMT cert, there is a paper trail that must be made for each usage of equipment just like any other run report.

Unfortunately I have even heard of some "EMTs" running around with non medical or industrial grade (87% - 98% ) which can be obtained through welding shops. This is also what the O2 Bars are known to use.

Those links are hilarious

Hi I'm Gen Oxygen at least she 's sort of hot.

But it doesnt' surprise me that one of the biggest oxygen bars is in San Fran. I guess all those idiots out there need to be lifted up (according to the adverts on the bar sites - oxygen gives you a lift up) because they are in Mexifornia

Respiratory Therapists are usually bounced from these "bars" as I was 5 minutes after setting foot in one.

NOT IF YOU WERE THE OWNER

Ok oxygen and bar in the same sentence .... I like it!

Late edit: correction CO-OWNER duh !

Hey what a opportunity I can see it all now,and sorry folks for RRTs ONLY, :shock: I am thinking more of a retirement job on a beach somewhere hot ? Hey the Hollywood crowd would eat it up HUGE !

So with 1 oz of orange flavoured Vodka via S/S neb, at 8 lpm @ $ 1.00 per liter.

Hey the medical grad stuff is not cheap, so just how did you want to pay for that $50.00 tab sir ?

We do take Cash or Visa.

Check your pulse oximetry ? ..... sure but that IS extra :twisted:

:wink: OMG your ONLY 98% ..... another round then ? :wink:

Hey we do have that new STAR WARS mask too .... LMAO!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.