EMT-B, EMT-I and EMT-B Training, Tests and Scenarios

Do you think this is a good idea and will it work  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I was in the chat room the other night and was amazed at all the young people in there. I also have noticed many people just entering our lovely field. And there are also many EMT-B's looking to move up to EMT-P.

Saying this I would like to begin to collect info from all of you on tests, SOP's, SOQ's, Protocols, quizzes and assessments. Any study material that may be helpful or any sites offering free educaional info.

Please e-mail to gaelicfirefighter@yahoo.com

I will gather this info hoping to compile it and provide these younger people with reference material.

I will also set a day and time where these people can come into Chat Room #2 and ask questions and be asked questions. Take tests and quizzes and go through their assesments and equipment.

I would also like to know who would be intersted in helping me moderate this. I am only and EMT-B with four years as an EMT. I have a lot of info and experiences but would like more seasoned veterans with more education and more experience. Especially rural medics as I am in a highly populated urban area.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I think this would be a great offering for this site and will help our present and future membership.

Gaelic

Saying this I would like to begin to collect info from all of you on tests, SOP's, SOQ's, Protocols, quizzes and assessments. Any study material that may be helpful or any sites offering free educaional info.

With all due respect, SOPs and protocols are the last things that any student or prospective student ought to be studying. A basic understanding of human anatomy and physiology and psychology, like what JPINFV posted, is what they ought to be studying. Memorising protocols for interventions you don't have the educational foundation to understand is a recipe for disaster, and a major reason why so many EMS provider suck.

First things first. Don't put the cart before the horse.