the way EMS and first responders treat the mentally ill

freedome

I can understand if you are rude to them intentionally and do some thing really rude on purpose but some people can not communicate well and are afraid and you are suppose to be the first ones to be their to help why are some of you so arraguant

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was going to make a general apology to her...going on the assumption that she's talking about something that happened to her, but first...what am I missing about this young ladies history here?

Why are some of you so illiterate?

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that gets their jaw jacked out of shape by illiteracy!

I've noticed that it's of pandemic proportions, especially among the 'time out kids' that are coming into the work force. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to read some of the PCR's generated by these 'illiterate speed readers'!

What they fail to realize is; that poor spelling and grammar on a PCR automatically negates them from being viewed as educated, let alone professional! To further complicate things, misspelled words and poor grammar can and WILL affect the patients treatments on arrival to the recieving facility; mainly because their PCR's aren't clear enough, leaving those of higher licensure to have to guess at what the reporter is trying to say!

I can understand if you are rude to them intentionally and do some thing really rude on purpose but some people can not communicate well and are afraid and you are suppose to be the first ones to be their to help why are some of you so arraguant

Speaking of people who can't communicate well...

As to your accusation that all EMS personnel mistreat the mentally ill, it is simply not true. That said, with tens of thousands of EMS personnel in the United States alone, there are bound to be a few bad apples, especially with how low the entry bar has been set.

Hi Eleanor,

How are you doing.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that spelling and grammar are very important in EMS. So the first thing you should do on your road to becoming an EMT is work on your English skills.

Now onto the subject at hand. I do not believe we are mean to the mentally ill. I believe you are taking some of the comments here personally. Please do not take them as a put down to you. We are just picky about professionalism on this site. The first step in being professional is being able to communicate effectively.

mistreating the mentally ill, but some do. And all I wanted was your opinion and that is why I asked thanks for your responses. I have been mistreated before even when I have done nothing wrong. I think a lot of people who do your kind of job I mean the EMS kind of work do it because they like helping people and not for the money but why judge people with a mental illness and treat them any different. As far as the spelling and grammar goes I know that they are very important in EMS because of communication. I am working on that. I can talk good but not spell well or do grammar so well with out spell check. thanks for your post.

Is this a joke? Eleanor, did you signed up for this forum so you could insult us?

I find people that automatically assume we are arrogant selfish. I'm personally quite compassionate with my patients that are having emotional problems. I lose my compassion when I'm faced with repeat offenders that refuse to do anything for themselves and whine about how the world is so bad to them. At some point and time you need to grow up and be accountable. If you need therapy, go. If you need medication, then take it, but for God's sake, quit being a victim. It's played out.

By the way, there is a little spellchecker button on the bottom right hand corner of the post box.

Is this a joke? Eleanor, did you signed up for this forum so you could insult us?

I find people that automatically assume we are arrogant selfish. I'm personally quite compassionate with my patients that are having emotional problems. I lose my compassion when I'm faced with repeat offenders that refuse to do anything for themselves and whine about how the world is so bad to them. At some point and time you need to grow up and be accountable. If you need therapy, go. If you need medication, then take it, but for God's sake, quit being a victim. It's played out.

[align=center:ea2dff00aa]=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> [/align:ea2dff00aa]