60 car pile up in Abu Dhabi

akflightmedic

Major pile up in Abu Dhabi as a result of heavy fog and their driving techniques.

Dust and I can both attest to the crazy driving in this country.

60 cars, many of them on fire, fatalities and 350 injured!!

The link has 24 pictures as well showing the extent of the damage.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_and...t/10196597.html

Wow. With all the busses its a wonder that death toll was not higher. I like how they reported casualtys X critical, X medium injuries, X minor injuries. So when a friend asks you how you are, you say OK I was just had medium injuries. :D

Pictures reminded me of results of a soccer riot.

This comment is one for the record books. This from a woman in dubai. Another great record that the UAE can be proud of. Plus it must be the worst accident in the world so far. Well maybe for today.

This must be the worst accident in the world so far. Dubai broke another record. I hope who ever was involved will be okay soon and I feel for the families who lost their dear ones. I am still having a hard time consuming this, because seriously this is unbelievable. I had a hard time believing, 200 cars?! I mean seriously, who ever was speeding either is dead or feeling great guilt, I hope people take that as an example. Some of you said reducing speed limit, but do you guys really think that will help? I mean what kind of Radar catches you in the fog? Reducing the speed limit isn't the solution. There is no law that will help this kind of situation. The only thing that could help is either apply extreme punishment if one is caught, or either make getting a license harder. Or maybe launch a massive educational campaign. In the end I say please people, be careful, speeding won't make you a better man or woman. If you don't care about your lives, we do, we have families and friends on the road driving with you

Dust and I can both attest to the crazy driving in this country.

It's insane! We lose one or two Americans a month to traffic fatalities in the UAE, mostly pedestrians. I have never seen anybody actually stop at a stop sign there. I feel safer in Iraq.

Yes, Scaramedic, Abu Dhabi is where Garfield threatened to send Odie... Saturday morning cartoons just aren't the same these days.

Abu Dhabi is pretty bad for pedestrians, but not nearly as terrible as Delhi. At least most of the UAE urban areas have sidewalks. In India, I got my foot run over once by a crazy rickshaw driver and refused to walk anywhere else--woulda been suicide by traffic.

What is different to the multi car pile ups we see on our tellys in that happen on the freeways, highways and motorways that get reported on that happen in the States and the European countries?

So it is a multi car dingle in an Arabian country, unfrotunate, but no different than the ones that i have seen reported on that cause the same type of damage in the states

stay safe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.