Help others by helping yourself

Michael

Man, I thought that was cool as hell...

Unfortunately, I missed so many that the children of Africa are now required to send ME rice...But I'll keep practicing!

I found that it has a gazillion words that are just at the peripheral of my understanding...I've not used them in conversation, but could usually figure them out.

Fun...and hopefully a little helpful for others.

Dwayne

This was posted a few months back, but I don't recall by whom. It was interesting to hear how many grains of rice some scored. Has anyone actually researched whether the starving people actually get the rice?

michael...your finally losing your touch..this has been posted before!!! By me several weeks ago :? ...tisk tisk on you

I couldn't really figure out what the numbers meant. By the time I noticed them it said 35, and I seemed to get a bunch right in a row, and then I believe it said 36, yet the other number said "best" or something like it at 38. I don't get it, but it was difficult to stop playing!

Yeah, and to those of you dying to say "38? But I only answered three in a row and had 49!" Well....just mind your business....

Dwayne

what the numbers meant

FreeRice automatically adjusts to your level of vocabulary. It starts by giving you words at different levels of difficulty and then, based on how you do, assigns you an approximate starting level. You then determine a more exact level for yourself as you play. When you get a word wrong, you go to an easier level. When you get three words in a row right, you go to a harder level. This one-to-three ratio is best for keeping you at the “outer fringe” of your vocabulary, where learning can take place.

touch..this has been posted

Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement* of the obvious.

*With orthographic precision; I'd thought your post was about fingerprint patterns.:lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.