Another Stolen Amb.

firedoc5

Dwayne, how many times have you been told....? [-X (Sorry, couldn't resist)

:laughing6:

BEVERLY, Mass. -- A man stole an ambulance and led police on a wild ride through several North Shore towns Friday night.

Watch Video

Police said William Guzman, 38, jumped into the driver's seat of the ambulance and drove off from Beverly Hospital, where paramedics had left the keys in the ignition.

During the chase through three towns, the ambulance struck a least five cars, including some police cruisers that tried to block it.

At one point, the ambulance went the wrong way down a one-way street.

"We're not exactly sure why he did it," said Salem police Lt. Scott Englehardt.

Witnesses said they saw the ambulance speed and swerve through the chase.

Police eventually caught up with Guzman in Lynn, who fled on foot after the ambulance got stuck in traffic, police said.

Guzman was the only one injured.

"Luckily, no one else was hurt in all the crashes that ensued," said Englehardt.

Guzman faces several charges and the Lyons Ambulance company is expected to be cited for leaving the keys inside.

...the Lyons Ambulance company is expected to be cited for leaving the keys inside.

While I think that is hilarious, I bet the arsehole cops would never write a fire department or another cop for the same thing. Double standard hypocrites.

While I think that is hilarious, I bet the arsehole cops would never write a fire department or another cop for the same thing. Double standard hypocrites.

And since when is it illegal to leave keys in a vehicle?

And since when is it illegal to leave keys in a vehicle?

It's been illegal in Texas for about twenty-five years.

I can't speak for other states.

... Lyons Ambulance company is expected to be cited for leaving the keys inside.

Sorry if you just heard a pop that was my head exploding!!

Are you telling me that the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts can cite you for leaving your keys in your private vehicle?

What's next getting a ticket for having a nice stereo? How abut jail time for leaving your car with it's catalytic converter exposed on the bottom of the vehicle. Makes it nice and easy for the metal thieves to get to.

God I am glad I don't live there. I would probably face a fine for not locking my convertible. I guess the state would say I should lock my car so the thief has to cut the top to get to my stereo equipment and change in my console. That way my insurance has about a $4,000 payout rather than about a $1,200 payout. Brilliant.

To the Politburo of Massachusetts the CRIME is taking the vehicle without permission. The stupid part was leaving the keys in it. Stupidity is not a crime, if it was most of your politicians would be doing life sentences.

It's not illegal in NJ, however, it is illegal to leave your vehicle running unattended. If you leave your car running while going into WaWa (God, I miss that place :lol: ) to get your morning cup of coffee, they can fine you. No one does it though. They're, well, what's the word.....lazy??

Dwayne, how many times have you been told....? [-X (Sorry, couldn't resist)

:laughing6:

BEVERLY, Mass. -- A man stole an ambulance and led police on a wild ride through several North Shore towns Friday night.

Watch Video

Police said William Guzman, 38, jumped into the driver's seat of the ambulance and drove off from Beverly Hospital, where paramedics had left the keys in the ignition.

During the chase through three towns, the ambulance struck a least five cars, including some police cruisers that tried to block it.

At one point, the ambulance went the wrong way down a one-way street.

"We're not exactly sure why he did it," said Salem police Lt. Scott Englehardt.

Witnesses said they saw the ambulance speed and swerve through the chase.

Police eventually caught up with Guzman in Lynn, who fled on foot after the ambulance got stuck in traffic, police said.

Guzman was the only one injured.

"Luckily, no one else was hurt in all the crashes that ensued," said Englehardt.

Guzman faces several charges and the Lyons Ambulance company is expected to be cited for leaving the keys inside.

They should be cited..........and fired........... and liable for the damage caused all vehicles impacted! There is no excuse to not secure your ambulance! As funny as it is to read about other medic's sheer stupidity, what would have happened if this stolen ambulance would have hit a pedestrian? Maybe your child? Something to think about......................

There is no excuse to not secure your ambulance! As funny as it is to read about other medic's sheer stupidity....

Stupidity is the key word here.

You shouldn't need a law to tell you that leaving your keys in a $100 thousand dollar emergency vehicle isn't the smart thing to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.