zoll m-series or lifepack 12

Never seen a broken monitor screen in 33 years.

If that is seriously a recurring problem, I would venture a guess that it is specific to your personnel, and not the device.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the selector knob and buttons easy to use, and its nice that we can go back and review a code summary. However, they are very heavy, paticularly if your just looking to use the AED. For the sake of simplicity, we leave the darn thing on the bus and just take an AED in with us. It's alot lighter, and if a patient does look like there "about to go" on us, one of us will get the LP while the other enters the house/ scene.

What are you doing riding around on a bus with a defibrillator anyhow?

Don't you have like ambulances or rescue squads or something up there? :?

I find the selector knob and buttons easy to use, and its nice that we can go back and review a code summary. However, they are very heavy, paticularly if your just looking to use the AED. For the sake of simplicity, we leave the darn thing on the bus and just take an AED in with us. It's alot lighter, and if a patient does look like there "about to go" on us, one of us will get the LP while the other enters the house/ scene.

Yeah, code summery is nice....helps in making sure your times are correct. The only thing is that if you want to use the other features of it (such as printing what drug at what time) then you have to have someone sit there and do it. Plus, cleaning blood out of that knob is a PITA. I prefer to use a dry erase board and a marker for that. If the marker gets to much blood on it, we just throw it away.

I've carried my LP12 with charging base up 10 stories, it is heavy but what is the point of having it if you plan on taking an AED with you.

Wow. None of you have ever seen a screen broken on a LP-12. We have had them broken. The Zolls with the smaller screens and the screen covers have not been broken. We have the protective cases on our monitors and they can take an extreme amount of abuse. We had a demo Phillips for several months and many had concerns about the screen and the fact that it was exposed. Would we break them? I am not sure but I have had monitors hit the ground from time to time. Our Zolls are tougher than our LP-12s were.

• 4 months later...
Never seen a broken monitor screen in 33 years.

If that is seriously a recurring problem, I would venture a guess that it is specific to your personnel, and not the device.

Guess you never heard of the term "If you want it boken, give it to fire/ems"

I work on all these defibs. Ever wonder why the LP12 has a SCREEN PROTECTOR? A nice addition to the LP12, with velcro. Maybe that will tell you something. Ever wonder why the MRX has a new SCREEN PROTECTOR??? Its just cosmetic I guess. I suppose just because you havent seen one break, it means it doesnt happen? I Have repaired about 10 LP12 sceeens, even with the protector. My buddy has replaced 5 MRx screens for one county alone. I have had them stepped on, kicked, run over, attacked with a stretcher, and used as a knee rest. Even the M Series has them brake (which is covered by warranty with extreem pack). Sometimes when you dont know what your talking about, its better to be quiet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.