zoll m-series or lifepack 12

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Have used both the LP-12 and the zoll. I myself prefer the LP-12. The capnography on the zoll is a pain where on the 12 it is very easy to obtain. Also if you forget to hit print on a code with the zoll you are screwed, you cant retrieve information. The 12 stores it and you can go back and get code summaries. We are demoing a phillips right now and i have heard nothing but good comments on it from the crews using it.

The features you mention depend on how your machines are configured. Our M-Series are set up to record everything the machine does, and allows for a large variety of event markers which can be custom programmed by the user. All data is stored in our machines for 72 hours, unless we manually erase it. When I get to the hospital, I push the summary button on the m-series, and then print my choice of a full code summary (including strips before and after each event marker), or trend data (which lists HR, RR, SPO2, BP, and CO2) minute by minute.

Having used both bug zappers in the field, I still prefer the zoll for its size, weight, and reliability.

I have a Phillips in my ambulance and have been using it for 4 months. No problems. I like it. Just be careful to have the dummy load hooked up when you run the operational test, if not you will get a critical error and the rep will have to talk you thru rebooting the unit. Take it from personal experience. Be safe. JC

i work for a couple of places and we use a couple of different setups

my FT service uses a zoll m-series, which apparently they bought reconditioned. i get so sick of filling out critical incident report on thiose monitors. i have had those monitors miss STEMI's which were blatant on the 12 lead at the hospital 5 minutes later, the other day about the only thing that the zoll woudl do for me was make that battery really hot, the screen would not turn on. the monitor rarely can produce a good strip that is easy to decipher when you are moving, and most of the time that you are stopped. some coworkers have actually diocumented a zoll rhythm.

one of my PT services uses the m-series also, but we buy our new there with all of the great gizmos except NiBP. we love the ETCO2, 12-lead and reliability is constant. we also have propaks on the trucks and we rarely uise them. we also have had a sigbifigant increase in positive pt outcomes with this biphasic stuff. the helicopter portion of our service moved to the M-series Critical care version, and is pretty adn colorful, with the invasive monitoring options and from what i ahve heard, they are liking it.

i used to be at a service where i used to work used the LP12, which i loved for its ease of use, big scrteen, and size of paper. the only detractor i see of the LP12 is its size which is a bit odf a hassle. i wish that they had made the LP20's a little mroe rugged, because i bet they would have been a big hit in the world of EMS.

one of our area helo service is moving to the new philips monitor and their only complaint with it is that they say that it isnt approved by the fda for invasive monitoring, but it will be done soon. from what i hear, the only other problem that anyone else has had with the mrx is the size of the paper, btu they solved that problem. they sound like they will like it alot better than carrying the propak and LP10 around.

i dont know if there will be a perfect monior out ever, btu i will always be a physiocontrolman, but maybe it is just the fact that i am in MN where medtronic is based.

I work for a commercial ambulance service and do a good amount of EMS and ALS transports. Finally our company came into the 21st century & we switched from the LifePack 10 to 12 Lead capable technology (Philips MRX).

Personally I love the Philips MRX, Large color screen (w/high contrast mode feature), the 12Lead view allows for continuous monitoring of all 12 leads in real time which is something none of the other monitors do. I love having EtCO2 monitoring & the NIBP is a nice feature if you're not moving. I've found across the board that unless you have a smooth ride, any NIBP won't function properly.

They fixed the small paper problem and have the normal/large size paper. The only downfall is that the leads don't snap back on the patient very easy, so instead of bruising the patient's chest, it's just easier to throw another electrode on. Also, the wires are not as thick as the LifePack12 but it gets the job done. I guess Philips came out with alligator clip leads which are a lot better.

I tried the zoll out, but found the screen to be too small and cluttered. The LifePack 12 is also nice, but the Philips has more functionality.

Hope this helps & I can't wait to hear everyone's comments!

-Robbie

robbie@maccue.net

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.