spenac

Did they do extrication right?  

8 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not enough video

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/category.a...p;nav=menu505_2

Search for "Accident on Highway 80 sends two to the hospital". ( 2-5-08 ) Might be able to scroll down to find it.

If not able to view what happens patient lays himself down on backboard that is on cot. They do not slide board up to him and put him on board. It only takes 2 to place a person his size on a board. Anybody else would have been in the way. You city medics make me laugh. Answer is always need more help. That doesn't fly in rural EMS.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/category.a...p;nav=menu505_2

Search for "Accident on Highway 80 sends two to the hospital". ( 2-5-08 ) Might be able to scroll down to find it.

If not able to view what happens patient lays himself down on backboard that is on cot. They do not slide board up to him and put him on board. It only takes 2 to place a person his size on a board. Anybody else would have been in the way. You city medics make me laugh. Answer is always need more help. That doesn't fly in rural EMS.

This link works for me on my Mac. Although this may not be a perfect extrication, I certainly expected it to be worse based on the initial comments.

This link works for me on my Mac. Although this may not be a perfect extrication, I certainly expected it to be worse based on the initial comments.

Not being sarcastic...but short of putting a rope around his neck and dragging him out with the ambulance, how could it have been worse?

They put on a C-collar and then had him crawl out on his own. Now, I'm a believer that we spinal way too many people...but if you're going to put all that uncomfortable crap on a patient, at least make the effort to allow it to have some value...

Just my thoughts...

Dwayne

Not being sarcastic...but short of putting a rope around his neck and dragging him out with the ambulance, how could it have been worse?

They put on a C-collar and then had him crawl out on his own. Now, I'm a believer that we spinal way too many people...but if you're going to put all that uncomfortable crap on a patient, at least make the effort to allow it to have some value...

Just my thoughts...

Dwayne

Rather than him sliding himself out, they could have had him get out of the car, stand up, and walk to the stretcher and lie down on the board. I have seen it done too often and I think that that would be worse than what they did.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.