Chat room pole

Wackerdan

Who would like to see a better chat room as far as who can or can't access it.  

7 members have voted

1. 1.

• Access chat by pay for service
    • Keep access as it is now.

I would like to take a pole. First a disclaimer. This pole can not go against the final decision of Admin or the "Board of Directors" of EMT City.

My reasons are only so we can clean it up a bit and have a better experience without the rif-raf.

First, let me say that I have nothing but love and respect for the Polish people, so I welcome them to our chat room with open arms.

That said, how about a third choice, like restrict chat room use to those who are regular, intelligent contributors to the medical discussion forums?

I'd vote for that. It would go a very long way towards cleaning the room of riff raff.

When I first read this thread's title, my thought was "OMG - we have so many strippers in chat that we are getting a pole???"

But then I looked a little closer.

I agree with Dust. I wish more people in chat would take advantage of the forums and contribute to the forums, with more than a "this is me" post. There are people who contribute in the forums who I have learned a great deal from. I suspect that there are those who have not contributed who I could learn from as well.

It is disappointing to see the chat room become a meeting place for bashing of any group that you do not agree with, discussing various sexual preferences (human or otherwise), and the fetish of the week. I don't have a problem with people coming in to have a good laugh, but it has been getting out of hand.

One of the disappointments of this is that we as a profession fight to be considered a profession. The activities of some of the members in chat is considerably less than professional, and more childish than a gaggle of junior high girls. If someone outside EMS were to watch the activities in there, what would they think of our profession?

Yahoo and MSN are perfectly acceptable venues for some of the activities that currently go on in our chat room, that have been politely referred to as "riff raff." It would be nice to see chat return to at least a little more EMS discussion.

First, let me say that I have nothing but love and respect for the Polish people, so I welcome them to our chat room with open arms.

:lol: At least I know I'll be accepted someplace... :cry:

/as a pollock, I should have picked up on that sooner...

[hr:3398313431]

When I first read this thread's title, my thought was "OMG - we have so many strippers in chat that we are getting a pole???"

theclapgy0wl5.gif

We have a policy as to who can go in and can't. If you are a member who has posted 3 posts, than you can enter. We have chat moderators who are there to help control things. If there is not a chat moderator in the room, and you don't like the crowd, we have a 2nd room you can enter. If that is not working for you, use the ignore feature in the chat. If that still does not do it, exit the chat room, browse the forums, post something great, and re-enter the chat when one of the mods is in there.

I hope this helps. I do appreciate your concern and support for the site. Any other comments about site policy can be addressed to me via PM as outlined in the rules of the forum. http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/siterules.php

Thanks,

Admin