ez IO guns

EMS828

We just recieved our ez IO guns this week getting trained on them in a few weeks. I was wondering if you guys/gals (ems community) have used them, whether u lik the old IO's or the ez IO guns. Please let me know, im kinda wondering about the usage of these new toys...........

Thank you

EMS828

Although I do not know how well the search function works, I am fairly certain this has been discussed before. Someone may be able to help you dig up one of the old threads.

• 4 weeks later...
Probably one person mentioning the search function would have been sufficient. Its like a bunch of old school marms.

And now three is just plain annoying. :shock: Sorry I did not catch that it had been pointed out. Thank you for pointing out my mistake. Have a great day.

• 5 months later...

[align=justify]

we use the easy IO at both of my depts and like it alot , it is so much easier than having to start an IV , to where te easy IO, cut the pant leg , prep the area and drill the needle in its pretty much idiot proof blue needle is adult and pink needle is child ...... a pressure bag should always be used when in use to infuse solution/meds easier .

i give it a 10/10 :?: :D

EZ-IO works like a charm. Only used it 4-5 times but when you need it you know it.

A lot of services now carry them, although I always enjoyed the look from the ER nurse when they finally see where the IV line goes.

Professionally when it comes down to it, if the Sternal IO and the EZ-IO were sitting side by side I would probably choose the sternal IO. This only due to the speed and easy deployment and just feel more comfy using it. I have never used the "Bone Gun" or whatever it was called. (never carried it). I have other talk about false deployment while not in use, but truthfully I do not know.

I do feel that over time I will grow to utilize the EZ-IO more often.

The EZ-IO is impressive under fluoroscopy.

Choose your weapon.. As long as they get the job done, i'm game for either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.