Difficulty With a Nurse

firedoc5

The singapore (for that is what it sounds like to me) link doesn't bother me, lol... if that's what they want to spend time on let them! At least they're getting some exercise, no?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Same old stuff all the youth squads have to do, such as the UK "Badgers". That, and standing in the pissing rain with a collection tin, or sneaking in little group chit-chats about Christ.

What's up with teaching them more skills applicable to prehospital care instead?

since you aren'rt prepared ot listen to what a current serving SJA officer is prepared to say there's littel to justify continuing the debate

yes youth units get involved in fundraising - generally for their own activities

drill is a part of the cadet program but then again it's part of most uniformed yourth organisations program

any SJA youth leader attempting to impose religious viewpoints would find themselves on a quick train to outsville... there is no religious basis to the program ... i think peopel are confusing the Order and SJA if they suggest otherwise ...

have a look at the current cadet training programme and remember that young members can access adult training from 16 and can in theory be a PTA at 18 ...

none -registered staff trying to 'remove' sober, competent Nurses

Not this again! Please zippy why do you constantly attack Technicians? Who are significantly better trained in a specific area of medicine. Technicians (EMTs) serve a particular function and are trained specifically for that role.

I have had a nurse removed from a scene recently and she was threatened with a new law which we have here in the UK. Promptly left the scene when the police constable told her what would happen if she didn't.

St Johns is not the organisation you promote it to be on this website. The only reason you get away with some of the crap you post is because most of the people on this site don't have first hand experience of St Johns or know who they actually are.

St Johns are generally the degenerates who were refused positions in the UK ambulance services. Their training is significantly less than an NHS EMT and they are simply there to stop the clocks (called ORCON or more recently Call Connect).

As the NHS do not have to get a particular response to a casualty (any response will do regardless of suitability) they utilise St Johns as they are often free or very cheap. An ambulance stops all the government clocks regardless of whether the crew are properly trained or if the patient survives so the NHS see a cheap/free clock stopper and at least it keeps the degenerates from interfering with children (or does it? See BBC news link).

You have to stop believing that simply because the NHS use St Johns when they are really desperate that this means they are somehow credible. The majority of NHS ambulance crews cringe when they see St Johns and if I am backed up by a St Johns ambulance then I beg my dispatcher to send me another resource. If there is none available then I do not let the St Johns crew perform any interventions and neither do my Paramedic colleagues.

Over Christmas when we have to tolerate them on station, they are not allowed in the crew room and are not allowed to change the TV channel. They can pass through the crew room to the kitchen but aren't allowed to stop and must pay for their tea and coffee (we have to buy it ourselves.) They aren't allowed to sit on our chairs and not allowed to touch our stock room (although they can often be seen looking through the window and masturbating over the cannulas and ET tubes.)

We hate them! We don't want them, they are dangerous and risk patient lives.

since you aren'rt prepared ot listen to what a current serving SJA officer is prepared to say there's littel to justify continuing the debate

Forgive me Zippy, but I would much rather educate myself on a more credible reference on SJA, such as their own website.

I have nowt against you, but you are one of the most opinionated, and ill-advised posters I have ever known. You have zero first hand knowlege of US EMS, and think nothing of bringing it down at every opportunity. I will be the fist to say it is far from perfect. Even taking Dust Devil's take on US vollies (which is very valid) the US system is head and shoulders above anything SJA have produced thus far as a stand alone emergency medical service.

If you were to stop trying to hoodwink people that SJA are a frontline service you would maybe paint a better picture of what is indeed a remarkable UK institution. See it for what it is (a historical voluntary aid society, and charity based upon Christian values [as mentioned on the webpage]) and stop trying to discredit the professional NHS ambulance staff by putting yourself among their ranks.

Ladies and Gentlemen, can I make a request that probably has no real bearing on the topic at hand?

Please, even if you are using an abbreviation or acronym of common practice for your area, spell it out at least once in your posting, so those who do not use that abbreviation will be able to follow along. I had to go thru several postings before I found out SJA was Saint Johns Ambulance. I even spell out Fire Department New York Emergency Medical Service Command, when speaking of my employers, the FDNY EMSC.

Yes, I will ask the administrator to put it as a suggestion for the new folks signing up, and posting for the first time.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

i do not attack techncians, merely challenge the inaccurate views held by a proportion of them...

i'd love to see that go to court ... especially if the person removed / charged was sober and competent in pre hospital care

i don't recognise an Organisation called 'st johns' , i presume you are inaccurately and incorrectly referring to St John Ambulance here...

LOL, i have never heard such utter rubbish , to the point that locally to me we now have a problem with Ambulance support work becasue too many of the SJA crew are NHS Ambulance service employees and prevented from doing support work by their contracts and the service level agreement betweeen SJA and the NHS

if it was solely about stopping clocks thwey wouldn't want ambulances from SJA just community responders ,

i also fail to see what a resource used mainly for AS2 and Cat C / Green emergency work has to do with the A8 and A14/19 targets , especially where Cat C is on a one hour / timing determined by clinicla triage advisor standard for much of the service area

incorrect, while SJA are probably cheaper than an equivalent crew on over time and only have to be paid for when the demand is there they are neither 'free' nor 'very cheap' , even if volunteer ...

community responder is a cheap / cost effective way of meeting the A8 ( and very much quick and dirty)

define 'properly trained' with respect to staff other than paramedics, whoops there isn't a definition especially now the ASA are being disbanded in favour of the NHS confederaton Ambulance Network and the IHCD contracts are likely to disappear...

or perhaps you'd like to discuss that with some of the senior NHS Ambulance amangers who are in SJA such as the National Ambulance officers

... or perhaps you'd like to discuss that with the NHS Ambulance trust Medical director who is one of the pool of senior MOs in the County I volunteer with ...

( and currently extremely supportive of the SJA crews providing alternative to 999 responses in a town centre - and extremely upset when hearign aobut the poor standards of care from NHS Ambulance staff including one case which may well have resulted in permanent disability for a young man because the NHS technician rapid responder ignored the handover from the SJA team on scene and ripped a correctly fitted c-spine collar off the patient and ordered the SJA team away "because the patient's just drunk" )

perhaps you'd like to discuss that with senior officer from an NHS service who had no particular link to SJA who was waxing lyrical about how well set up the SJA systems were at a very large crowd event ...