Difficulty With a Nurse

firedoc5

Sadly, no.

Wiki:

Modern duels

Dueling still continues to occur, albeit not with regularity.

South America

In much of South America duels were common during the 20th century[8], although generally illegal.

In Peru there were several high-profile duels by politicians in the early part of the twentieth century including one in 1957 involving Fernando Belaúnde Terry—who went on to become President.

Uruguay decriminalized duelling in 1920, and in that year José Batlle y Ordóñez, a former President of Uruguay, killed Washington Beltran, editor of the newspaper El Paisin, in a formal duel fought with pistols. In 1990 another editor was challenged to a duel by an Assistant Police Chief[9]. Although approved by the government the duel did not take place—and in 1992 Uruguay repealed the 1920 law.

In 2002 Peruvian independent congressman, Eittel Ramos, challenged Peruvian Vice President, David Waisman to a duel with pistols, saying the vice president had insulted him. Waisman declined.[10]

1952: Chile. Then-senator Salvador Allende and his colleague Raúl Rettig (later president of Chile and head of a commission that investigated human rights violations committed during the 1973–1990 military rule in Chile, respectively), agreed to fire one shot on each other and both failed [11]. At that time duelling was already illegal in Chile.

Japan

In May of 2005, twelve youths aged between fifteen and seventeen were arrested in Japan and charged with violating a dueling law that came into effect in 1889. Six other youths were also arrested on the same charges in March.

I think you'll find that this thread is sustained by the fact that we are all drawn to reply to the uttter shyte that our colleague Zippy spouts. In the past I have vowed never to get drawn into it, but I have a weakness for a good fight. Don't think for once that this is the first time that he comes looking for an argument. Search the following sites for his posts:

here

and

Especially here

Trouble is, it's getting boring now; he seems to have started repeating himself a lot. That and the fact that everyone in on the same page except Zippy.

I personally have strong doubts about him prescribing drugs and performing ALS interventions. The way he acts here, I wouldn't let him wipe my arse, much less cannulate me.

WM

note my emboldening

also note that should someone happen to be there when contracted to an NHS organisation... it doesn't apply

also you need to consider the situation where the person you claim is 'obstructing' you is already on scene and by virtue of that already has a legally ( and professionally ) established duty of care

Yep, just getting in the way is a reasonable excuse. Displaying your arrogance and attitude is getting in the way. Stopping us from doing our jobs is hindering us in the eyes of the law. If you are on scene first, your duty of care ends when we turn up. If you are helpful then you can stay. Try telling us how to do our job and off you go.

As SJA contracted to the NHS ambulance service, every Cat A and B you attend needs a Paramedic to back you up as you are not acting in the capacity of a RN. You are acting as an Ambulance attendant with less skills than an NHS EMT. Basically, a clock stopping 1st responder. SJA and Trust clinical governance won't let you act above your station.

As a Nurse off duty, you are not acting on behalf of an NHS organisation.

Sorry Zippy, you're wrong again :roll:

Yep, just getting in the way is a reasonable excuse. Displaying your arrogance and attitude is getting in the way. Stopping us from doing our jobs is hindering us in the eyes of the law. If you are on scene first, your duty of care ends when we turn up. If you are helpful then you can stay. Try telling us how to do our job and off you go.

you obviously have great difficulty reading to understand , so i will repeat myself once again

the NMC code of professional Conduct states the following

""1.3 You are personally accountable for your practice. This means that you

are answerable for your actions and omissions, regardless of advice or

directions from another professional. "

therefore you cannot discharge my duty of care without proper communication ...

if you as so many NHS crews try ( and later regret when they get disciplined ) try the 'the REAL ambulance crew are here now' line ... you will be the one in front of management and /or the HPC

As SJA contracted to the NHS ambulance service, every Cat A and B you attend needs a <http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/results.php?searchTerm=paramedic&submit=submit>Paramedic</a> to back you up as you are not acting in the capacity of a RN.

Incorrect.

You are acting as an Ambulance attendant with less skills than an NHS EMT. Basically, a clock stopping 1st responder. SJA and Trust clinical governance won't let you act above your station.

Incorrect, see below see also the Code of professional Conduct

As a Nurse off duty, you are not acting on behalf of an NHS organisation.

Sorry Zippy, you're wrong again :roll:

depends if you have trust ID and are known to the trust as CFR/ immediate care scheme ...

oddly enough last time i came across an 'off duty' situation ...

I was returning the vehicle after the end of a Support shift and came across a patient who had been assaulted.

I rang comms and spoke to the comms manager who

1. put us back on duty

2. offered us the option of transporting the patient on the basis of our initial findings.

3. did not activate any additional resources unless we requested them .

then there is also the issue of RN containing crews on support work who are sent to do transfers that require 'paramedic' transfer not becasue of their life threatening condition but because of 'the rules' preventing middle tier and technician crews from transferring patients with IVIs or other infusions... so i'm not sure how that fits with your incorrect assessment of the role of the RN /ETA.

then there was the bollocking a recieving Emergency department got over an SJA crew on support who had auscultated a chest and taken a Blood sugar reading (few years ago before the current course ref listening to chests) but had failed dismally to note the fact that the attendant ( who wasn't me! ) had documented in the all the appropriate places that she is an RN...

And on we go...

Will someone shut down this bloody thread for the sake of my mental health......

WM

I know, I started it and it got WAY out of control. I'm sorry. But I agree, this subject has beat to a pulp.