looking for good site for womens ems boots - help

I don't know if this is workable, but...

Take some catalogs, like Galls, or other similar uniform "print catalogs", to your local shoe store you deal with regularly, and ask if they have anything similar, either in stock, or that they can get for you.

I have always been taught to try on shoes and boots, which is why those are the only uniform items I'd never get on line, or using a mailing. Your shoe store person can probably be very helpful in getting you not only a decent work boot, but one that fits!

This is actually advice for both the guys and dolls (I'm in a Broadway frame of mind, so forgive the show title).

Go to your local army/navy surplus type store, and try on MEN's boots. It's hard to find good women's, the Galls are about the best out there... but I've worn men's for a long time and never had an issue. If you're a size 8 womens, you're a size 6 mens... about 2 sizes or 1.5 sizes below is the guideline for men's boots.

Try Altama, Bates, Magnum (men's cut), Carolina. See if any fit. If you need to you can get an insole to help shape it to your foot.

Good luck!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I agree that Galls would be your best bet. If I may suggest, look around for boots made by Caterpillar. They are steel toed, steel shanked, and very comfortable, especially for being a work boot. I have a fairly small foot size and I found them to fit quite well. Let me know what you find.

If you can't get a copy of the uniform print catalog to the shoe store, go anyway, tell the sales staff you need a boot with good ankle support, able to take a lot of abuse, be water (bbp) resistant, or have something in a one way moisture "wicking" capability. The boots should also be able to maintain, or be re-polished, to a high gloss shine, so if there is anything on them, you can see it, and then you can do a bbp De-Con on them.

For all I know, you might be able to do good with Timberlands, which is a brand name where at least I am aware of the brand name, and is readily available in a large number of shoe stores. No experience with them, as my employer, the FDNY, supplies the boots I currently am using.

Also, if you get any of the trade magazines, like JEMS or EMS, check out their reader service cards, or similar computer links, for further information from their vendor clients.

If a male patient sees someone in those boots, how are you going to get an accurate check for priapism?

Speaking to a body guard, Mae West allegedly said,

Is that your gun, or are you just happy to see me?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.