King LTS-D

We just had the king LT added to our scope for EMT's. Its a wonderful step up from the OPA and BVM. Easy to insert and if it works as advertised it will be great, especially due to the fact that there are times when we have no ALS backup. Now the LT has no suction port, so i dont know what difference that makes on the protection of the airway

• 2 months later...

My service recently just added these to our protocols (Sizes 3-5). The University of Iowa did a research project on the effectiveness of the King LTS-D Airways and showed a 100% success rate on first attempt. So the State of Iowa now allows all levels from First Responder and up to use these. I personally found the King LTS-D to be an excellent alternative to ET intubation and combi-tubes. Iowa also currently allows all levels from FR and up to use the combi-tube which is not as successful. I personally believe that the King LTS-D will be the new Gold Standard for BLS airways.

If you are looking to use these or are currently using these I recommend the King <b>LTS-D</b> because 1) Suction Channel, 2) Distal Cuff was redesigned to have a better seal.

We have now been trained on the king airway,I really like them I think they will be a great replacement from the combi-tube.

• 2 weeks later...

I never said it was wrong. It was just so different and "radical" to me. Such a simple concept and I knew nothing of it, I do see the benefit of it and am using the idea here on out. That was my "something new learned every day" for that day...

Just an FYI that I learned when I was selling the King LTS-D's back in 2008... when you are swapping for a tube, make sure your bougie has a "coude" tip (it will have a bend that looks like a hockey stick). The straight bougies have a tendency to catch on the inside of the "ramp" at the tracheal opening and it will make the insertion pretty difficult. Great to see that nearly everyone likes these devices! Makes me think my work was worthwhile... :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.