EVER HAD A JOB MAKE THE NEWS?

WANTYNU

EVER HAD A JOB MAKE THE NEWS?  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE.

Sorry about the double, the system crashed...

No pun intended?

Man you are a black cloud! I'm glad I'm just "hanging in the happy heights", things are way too busy in your neck of the woods! (had a guy do a nose dive over the clifts by 153 and Bradhurst Ave today) not my job, but I figure you might have heard about it.

Semi related to that we get jumper ups all the time at the George Washington Bridge, sometimes they turn into Jumper downs... if they don't land on the rocks, it's interesting to watch NY and NJ harbor fight over them.

last one that did hit the rocks (about 150 feet and held together), the tour before mine had and one of the BLS cut this guys down jacket off... I couldn't understand where the stray feathers came from and why I was sneezing the whole next tour, until the earlier crew called to let us know.

-w

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto/train collision:

Camera was aimed through the open front passenger door.

In my jumpsuit, on my knees in the front bench seat, I was strapping the driver sitting behind his wheel to a half-backboard.

While reaching around the pt, the jumpsuit got pulled kinda tight... (form-fitting!)

Everyone commented that the news crew captured my "best side"

and that I should have had my name printed on my the seat of my jumpsuit.

My gay friends who saw the TV coverage quipped that I "... had the best butt in da bidness."

My girlfriend, Debbie, an OTR, who has a great sense of humor, told those friends that she would pimp me out.

FF/Worst Responder

While not well, I know a few members of NYPD Harbor. By the GWB, from the NJ side, is that handled by Fort Lee PD, or another agency?

Rich, so do I which is why I made the statement…. However, I should have clarified when I stated “fight over” as not over possession, more like a game of “hot potato”, that IMHO seems to be why the DOA’s end up at the Dyckman dock (NY side, regardless of the side of the bridge they jump from…) as the NJ folks don’t take possession very often….

-w

As for me being a "Black Cloud", please remember that I have been "in the game" over 34 years, 23 alone with a Volunteer Ambulance Corps, overlapping with 5 private non-911 ambulance services, and 23 years 911 municipal EMS.

4 plane crashes (only described 3 of them here), an invasion of illegal immigrants swimming ashore from a tramp steamer, numerous house or apartment fires, assisting at 2 births (both girls), submersions, drownings, shootings, deaths...I actually have no idea how many calls I have been on, what types, how many hours I racked up at the VAC, how much overtime, voluntary or mandated, that I've gotten, miles totaled up on how many ambulances.

Figure it this way: When New York City gets nuked, my ghost will be manning an ambulance, somewhere on "the other side"!

As for me being a "Black Cloud", please remember that I have been "in the game" over 34 years, 23 alone with a Volunteer Ambulance Corps, overlapping with 5 private non-911 ambulance services, and 23 years 911 municipal EMS.

4 plane crashes (only described 3 of them here), an invasion of illegal immigrants swimming ashore from a tramp steamer, numerous house or apartment fires, assisting at 2 births (both girls), submersions, drownings, shootings, deaths...I actually have no idea how many calls I have been on, what types, how many hours I racked up at the VAC, how much overtime, voluntary or mandated, that I've gotten, miles totaled up on how many ambulances.

Figure it this way: When New York City gets nuked, my ghost will be manning an ambulance, somewhere on "the other side"!

Yup, I guess when you condense it all, it adds up to a whole bunch of teeth jarring in the back of a moving bus meeting potholes.

Somethings got better, some remaind the same and some got worse, but the big apple no matter how you slice it, will continue to dish it out, long after you and I have left it's streets.

I guess even if everyone left, the city would have stories to tell.

-w

Unfortunately quite a few, many with not so good out comes. The one thats stuck in my head all the time is a side walk collapse that trapped 2 female patients, killing one instantly. Very difficult job, working on a patient with a corpse staring at you the whole time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.