Jess

"Hello, is this the FBI?"

"Yes. What can I do for you?"

"I'm calling to report about my neighbor Virgil Smith. He is

hiding marijuana inside his firewood!"

"Thank you very much for the call, sir."

The next day, the FBI agents descend on Virgil's house. They search

the shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every

piece of wood, but find no marijuana. They sneer at Virgil and leave.

The phone rings at Virgil's house. "Hey, Virgil!

This here is Floyd. Did the FBI come?"

"Yeah!"

"Did they chop your firewood?"

"Yep."

"Happy Birthday, buddy"

[marq=left:5d07f7e258]Who Says Rednecks Aren't Real Bright?[/marq:5d07f7e258]

Many of you have probably seen this before, including myself, but still something to chuckle at :cry: enjoy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really funny, but does anyone know where the term "red neck" originated from. It was from the Molly McGuires who was the fore runner of the United Mine Workers of America. It seems like the standard issue from the general store (aka loan shark shop) was blue. The McGuire's used the red handkerchief instead. This allowed them to know who the rats where underground and who was safe to talk around. They were more than a little rough, border lining on what would now be considered terrorism. They would where the neck scarf as a form of filtration mask underground so you can see how it would be hard sometimes to know who was working in the dim lights nearby and knowing their nature of business, how they wouldn't want company men to know what they were saying.

FYI,

Michael

The Molly Mcguires actually started in Ireland among the Catholic tenant farmers. They moved as the descendants to the PA mountains. They kept their organization in tact til in the late 1700's early 1800's they started popping up in the mines, organizing strikes, and trying to improve working conditions. The history channel had it close, but there are several more books on the Labor Movement that better tell the tale of woes these guys face. Long work days, inadequate equipment, lack of life sustaining pay, hazardous duties, lack of leadership in management, and inability to have a retirement option (basically you worked til you died). Man this is starting to sound like EMS.

I will make a new thread for this, as I think this could develop into a good discussion.

Rednecks to me, are in the same vein as the people who sit outside my apartment building obsessed with their 'heritage', shirking work, and generally being obnoxious. I don't like them, either.

During the Carter Administration, a "Redneck" was a guy drove around in a pickup truck with a gun rack in the back window, drinking beer, and throwing the empties out the window.

A "Good Ol' Boy" was a guy drove around in a pickup truck with a gun rack in the back window, drinking beer, and throwing the empties into the proper garbage or recycle can.

Rednecks are the ultimate non-professionals. To many in our field act like non professionals and give us a bad name.

I take it you are a CITY SLICKER .......lighten up dude it was a joke

Thanks JESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.