eric and amber

Eric

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you two all the best . It's a great adventure and having a great wife is a true blessing . May 1st will be 26 yrs. for my wife and I . We've had good times and bad , but I wouldn't trade her for anyone . Love her and cherish her . By way of suggestion , you can't find a better guide for having a good marriage and raising a family than the bible . God knows what it takes . I still chase my wife around the house every day and I joke about chasing her around the con home someday . I probably won't remember what to do if I catch her , but I'll still have fun chasing her . :D

God Bless and best wishes ,

Craig

• 3 weeks later...
You go Eric!

And don't worry about getting married...

I hate it when people tell the younger folks "just remember, marriage is a lot of work!"

Ah, bull. Marriage should be funny, nasty, silly, erotic, confusing, hilarious, sexy....and every now and then....it's a little work.

If you find yourself spending more time working on your marriage than you're spending naked...You're doing it wrong!

Good luck buddy...It'll be a hell of a ride!!

Dwayne (22 years married...yep, to the same person, and all in a row)

GONGRATS on your engagement...i completly agree with everything said above :D

• 5 months later...
Sorry to hear that Eric. If this is the end, at least you weren't 3 years in with a house and kids. I'm not trying to be insensitive just trying to show you a silver lining in a cloud of crap.

I am sorry Eric, :):cry: but I have to agree with the wizard on this one everything happens for a reason. *puts little black dress back in the closet maybe some day I will get to wear it.*

Pretty nasty; I'm sorry to hear.

At the same time:

When I was a kid it was fashionable to have tonsillectomies at the first sign of infection. Our family doc was opposed to that practice, believing that tonsils act as filters for disease: "You get tonsillitis instead of getting pneumonia; leave 'em in."

So whenever I'm disappointed, and especially severely disappointed by not getting what I think I want, I try to remember to tell myself that there may be some pneumonia that this tonsillitis is saving me from.

That's not to trivialize the pain of loss. Stuff hurts, and I'm sorry it's happening to you.

Kick a chair, go for a long run, feel the upset, grieve. And once in a while remind yourself that you may one day find out what the trauma was good for, what it let you find.

• 2 months later...