I did it! :)

tiedyedbeth

I passed the EMTB class! Taking it the second time definitely helped me to be able to focus on putting all the skills together fluidly. It also helped to not be sick this time LOL! I realize though that these skills only serve to begin my education, and are not the end of it. I am taking the state exam on January 18th, then seeking employment in the next county over since they hire Basics. In February I can reapply for the EMS degree at the community college to earn my Paramedic, and I'm looking forward to starting that next August as well. :lol:

Oh...and here's something cool I found out recently...part of me wanting to be a medic is because both my dad and my former stepmom were medics. They were volunteers while on active duty in the Navy. They'd both stopped working EMS (my dad ended up with two rods in his back from a bad landing skydiving with a couple Navy buddies) at some point. I haven't talked to my former stepmom in a couple years because of family stuff, but when we got back in touch recently I found out that she is working on recertifying and becoming a medic again! :lol:

My dad has said if it weren't for his back he'd never have stopped working in EMS, and he's tickled that I'm making it a family tradition (two of my brothers have no interest - although one does work in medicine as a radiology tech; my other brother is considering EMS and my sister is joining the Navy next year and keeping that tradition).

ANYWAYS I realize I'm rambling, I apologize...I'm just happy and excited and wanted to share!

Beth

I am taking the state exam on January 18th, then seeking employment in the next county over since they hire Basics. In February I can reapply for the EMS degree at the community college to earn my Paramedic, and I'm looking forward to starting that next August as well. :)

Good plan! Don't miss a beat. Always keep moving forward. Don't let that job distract you from that plan, as it is very easy to get so caught up in working that you decide to break from school for awhile. Keep your eye on the ball, and don't lose your focus.

Congratulations!

Well done Beth!

I see you are in NC too ( at least that is the NC flag you're flying ).

Are you taking your State exam in Castle Hayne? I'm taking the medic exam there on the 18th also.

• 2 weeks later...