ADDED TO YOUR JOB DISCRIPTION:

Yes, you are SOOO right Lucky, I would give Bin Laden the best care in the world. :roll: Work in a city atmosphere for a while and see what kind of idiots you have to deal with on a daily basis. I do treat the truely sick like they should be treated, I give the best care I can, but If I can spot signs of terroristic activity I will surely report it when I can. Besides the city I work for has PD on scene 99% of the time before we can get there. We are not the rats, but PD has a free pass into their secret world because of the ems dispatch.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they can kill 3,000 more, but that's not gonna effect your patient care. Hell, you can have bin laden himself in the back of your rig and your STILL gonna give your best to provide the best possible patient care.

They're not hezbollah, they're not al-qaeda, they're not serial murders, they're not rapists, they're not child molesters, they are YOUR PATIENT and your gonna give them your best. If you have a huge problem with that, then maybe this isn't the job for you.

Kudos to you sir-- Very well put!!

I'm not sure what your all so bent out of shape about, we report stuff all the time. I end up going to court to testify regularly regarding statements made in my ambulance, "dying declarations" for example. Ever had a victim of a violent crime tell you who did it, only to go on to die from their injury? I have. Ever found money, drugs, weapons on a patient? Do you throw it in the trash? How about a meth lab? Would you not report that? I'm no cop, and couldn't care less if someone is growing a little weed in their closet, but someone cooking meth in the kitchen, or a bunch of timers and electrical crap lying around? Bet your ass I'm going to mention it. We have a fusion center here, were all public safety agencies share information....The police will update us weekly on gang activity, broken down by neighborhood...who's beefing with who, who got shot, who is out of jail and likely to be a target or a problem....We share info with the cops regarding victims of gang violence, etc....I don't spy on people. If its isn't out in plain view, I'm not looking, however if I go into your home and you've got bomb making crap lying around, even if its your radio shack science project, I feel an obligation to report it....What would the average law abiding citizen do?

I'm not sure what your all so bent out of shape about, we report stuff all the time. I end up going to court to testify regularly regarding statements made in my ambulance, "dying declarations" for example. Ever had a victim of a violent crime tell you who did it, only to go on to die from their injury? I have. Ever found money, drugs, weapons on a patient? Do you throw it in the trash? How about a meth lab? Would you not report that? I'm no cop, and couldn't care less if someone is growing a little weed in their closet, but someone cooking meth in the kitchen, or a bunch of timers and electrical crap lying around? Bet your ass I'm going to mention it. We have a fusion center here, were all public safety agencies share information....The police will update us weekly on gang activity, broken down by neighborhood...who's beefing with who, who got shot, who is out of jail and likely to be a target or a problem....We share info with the cops regarding victims of gang violence, etc....I don't spy on people. If its isn't out in plain view, I'm not looking, however if I go into your home and you've got bomb making crap lying around, even if its your radio shack science project, I feel an obligation to report it....What would the average law abiding citizen do?

P3Medic, You have nailed on the head. It has nothing to do with patient care.

This is equal to or greater than SUCK.

It's bad enough people don't trust us occasionally already, without having the fucking FEDERAL GOVERNMENT come out and peg us as "collectors" of intelligence.

Would I report things that seem amiss? Of course!

Do I want it as part of a job description? Hell to the NO.

Why don't they just hire more feds to wiretap and spy?

I'm not sure where to sit on this. On the one hand, I just think, ummmm, were supposed to be trained to recognize hazardous scenes and take appropriate actions. So if we see explosives or other hazardous objects on scene, we'll just do what we've always done, retreat and call for appropriate resources.

On the other hand, I'm not dropping a dime because I see a flight manual on someone's coffee table. I'm not doing it because they're Middle Eastern, either. If the government wants me to start spying, train me and set me up with a nice 401(k) program. And one of them hot staffers from 24 who walk around in the dresses with the stacks of paper. I want one of them too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.