Best Candidate for EMS?

UMSTUDENT

Which candidate do you believe would BEST represent the interest of EMS providers?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hillary Clinton
    • Mitt Romney
    • Barack Obama
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • John Edwards
    • John McCain
    • Chris Dodd
    • Joe Biden
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Any particular reason you left off Ron Paul? He is the only one with a philosophy that is conducive to progressive EMS.

I noticed that too, gives the Alex Jones wacko types a nice conspiracy theory. I don't know if you know it but Ron Paul has become da man for the CT types. :roll:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that too, gives the Alex Jones wacko types a nice conspiracy theory. I don't know if you know it but Ron Paul has become da man for the CT types. :roll:

Minus 5 for unapproved abbreviations.

Who is Alex Jones, and what is a CT type?

Thats in the papers. If you want to believe he is "America's Mayor" and "Hero of 9/11", go ahead, I have plenty of people in Canada I can stay with.

Yeah, except Alec Baldwin said the same thing before Bush was elected, and I didn't believe him either.

Not saying I'm voting for Rudy. It's just that we've seen such chest-thumping before.

A universal health care system in the United States today would be a DISASTER. And disasters always create a need for EMS!

Yeah, I have a vision of what EMS will become... "America's Quickest Taxi Service".

Yeah, except Alec Baldwin said the same thing before Bush was elected, and I didn't believe him either.

Not saying I'm voting for Rudy. It's just that we've seen such chest-thumping before.

What, you mean on my part? You misunderstand me. I'm not saying "If Rudy wins, I'm movin' to Canada." I'm saying right now, as it is, I'm getting papers together to try and file for ACP certification in Canada, as there are some great job opportunities there right now. If Rudy is elected, hopefully, I will be able to sit back in some nice, secluded area of the Pacific Northwest in some area that needs a grouchy but well qualified prehospital care provider, and watch as President Giuliani explains his authorization for a 'tactical' nuclear strike on Iran, who failed to comply with his ultimatium to shut down their nuclear program, as he assures us this will be a swift, decisive measure that has the full backing of the international community, and with a straight face, explain how this will in no way start World War III once the CIS, Pakistan, and India hear that the nuclear gloves are off. Hopefully I'll be upwind from Seattle.

Hopefully I'll be upwind from Seattle.

Seattle is the least major target in that area of the state.

1. Bangor Naval Submarine Base - "Bangor Sub Base manages the third largest collection of nuclear weapons in the country, with approximately 1,700 Trident missiles either stored at its hill-top depot, or inboardr its fleet of eight Trident submarines which still roam the seas on secret missions."

2. Everett Home Port (Nuclear Carrier Base)

3. Bremerton Naval Station (Nuclear carrier and attack subs)

4. Whidbey Island Naval Air Station

5. Mchord Air Force Base

6. Fort Lewis - 25,000 soldiers

7. Boeing - Seattle

8. Boeing - Everett

9. Microsoft

10. Seattle

Basically you need to be really North of the border (like almost Alaska) to not feel the effects of the hundred or so nuclear weapons they figure are aimed at the Seattle area alone.

Basically were screwed. :cry:

edit: Oh yeah I forgot if we did have a big ole nuke exchange and Russia decided to expand it territory guess what their route is going to be? Yep across the Bering Strait into Alaska, Canada, and then the good old lower 48. Stopping to make a "grouchy but well qualified prehospital care provider" their bitch. Personally if it gets anywhere near what your talking about this grouchy well educated Paramedic will be in Mexico. What the hell is there to nuke in Mexico?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.