No more BLS ALS ONLY Patient Care

spenac

Now no more BLS ALS ONLY Patient Care . Patient care is what we should all be about. To give patient care requires education. I look forward to us all working to improve education so our patient care improves.

So my question what one thing do you think should each person do to improve Patient Care?

Just for admin good call. I like this.

This job requires education? So as a monkey I don't qualify? Yikes, thanx for filling me in!

Seriously, though, to answer your question, there isn't any one thing that needs to be done to improve patient care. We all have our strengths and our weaknesses. We should be able to identify at least one weakness within ourselves and work with that. Baby steps. For example, on occasion, that bs call turns out to be real. I need to prepare myself. All calls are REAL until proven otherwise! No rolling of the eyes until all the verdicts are in...that kind of thing. Oh, I guess that would be 'improved patience for my patients'.

So to edit your question: What would YOU (being anyone) do to improve your patient care?

Good question!

Brat :angel8:

Better understand there is no such thing as BLS care, or ALS care.. rather patient care. In the real realm of medicine there is no separation.

We need to be educated that patient care albeit BLS requiring a band aid or thoracostomy is part of our job. We should be educating Paramedics delivering care may require psychosocial such as getting Granny some food to eat or discussing about her cat, or performing a sternal I/O both has its weight and neither one is more important than another. To us it may be a significant difference, but to the patients it may all be the same.

We need to remove the stigma and labels of ALS vs. BLS. Rather, to provide the best care no matter what level it might be.

R/r 911

This is going back a few years approximatly 2003 but I remeber an article in JEMS talking about ALS providers and BLS skills, Specifically appling a traction splint. The article discussed that the "repitition to perfection" experiance of bls providers could more proficiently apply a sager splint. Has anyone seen this in the field?

What can I do to improve pt care?

I can take care of my patient no matter what i was called out for. I have learned that the drunk I keep getting called for man down will one day be legitemate. And not say holy shit to the patient that just got beaten. Not only is continuing education important, the ability to put the freaking pt at ease is.

heres my question what would the world be like without happiness?