Woman screaming in pain...

emt322632

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't necessarily rule out seizures because you can still have seizures without classic convulsions.

Initially I thought dehydration from personal experience with N/V & muscle cramps.

I'd start a KVO line monitor the pt and contact med control....

(btw, my partner at work and I are just discussing this and he;s leaning more towards seizures)

Also, any recent traveling for her, or other activites out of the ordinary? Outside much? Maybe working around other chemicals?

Okay, more discussion here at work - leaning towards clotting. DVT sounds good.

She hasn't traveled anywhere. She is currently unemployed due to her recent back surgery.

IV 20 ga started, running NS at KVO...Do we want to try narcan for possible OD with the narcotics she has? Treat the bigeminy? Or wait and see what happens?

125 mg/dL....

She's slightly more obtunded now, barely rousing when you provide painful stimuli. You're about 15 minutes away from the hospital.

She's still letting loose with some scream/yawns, but does not grimace upon palpation of any body part.

It's a possibility, since she did recently have surgery. They may have prescribed prescription narcotics and she became addicted.

However, she wasn't able to tell us anything, and the husband was kind of useless as far as patient information goes. He said that he hadn't been home for a while, so it is possible he doesn't know EVERYTHING that's going on with her.

Suboxone is also used for pain control, so it's possible she was just prescribed it for post-surgery pain relief.

Any guesses on what it could be or does anyone want additional info?

I'm at a loss with my limited knowledge and would definately like to know before 2pm so that it can settle my partner's and i curiosity.