The death penalty

Wasn't the girl in the article nuts?

I guess that would depend on one's definition of nuts. I woudl like to hope no truly sane person would perpertrate that kind of horror, however the detail in which she appears to have planned and carried out the murders would certainly indicate that she knew what she was doing.

I suggest you read some of the related stories to get more detail if you want to, of course, so much is protected from public disclosure by the fact that she is a minor. Perhaps the largest issue of all is that in less than 10 yrs this girl will be free, with no record, able to go where she wants and do what she wants, while her mother, father and little brother are dead by her hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

protection under Bill c-400?

Should the Death penalty be enacted for killing or attempted killing of EMS Personnel.....

There is a private members bill being presented in Ottawa that is going to see firefighters have the same protection for violence against them that police have. There is no mention of EMS workers in it and I am trying to help get the word out to the masses and try to help in attaining EMS under this legislation as well.

If we can get the word out and send letters to your MP as well as your provincial college or association, maybe we can get included in this as well. Nationally we were included in the public safety status initiative so I don't understand why we have not been included in this piece of legislation.

I got a response for this from the MP of my riding...

"As for Bill C-400 – this is a private members bill sponsored by MP Mario Silva. It received first reading on February 2007. It would be possible to amend this bill only in the event that it proceeds to Committee. We will try to monitor the progress of this bill."

get on the band wagon....lets make these criminals pay dearly for attempted murder/murder of civil servants like fire fighters and medics.

Eye for eye, you kill someone then you should be killed, plain and simple, USA is to lenient!

Electric chair is great, but let them suffer in a gas chamber or bring back the gilateen, lay there heads down and make them wait in suspense til,.......DROP...SLICE..there goes the head.

• 2 weeks later...
Eye for eye, you kill someone then you should be killed, plain and simple, USA is to lenient!

Electric chair is great, but let them suffer in a gas chamber or bring back the gilateen, lay there heads down and make them wait in suspense til,.......DROP...SLICE..there goes the head.

This is the average 6 year old's opinion...thanks for sharing it...

Dwayne

Because that would be an assult upon the American justice system. Allbeit flawed, a teenager with a bag of marijuana certainly does not deserve the death penalty. I believe that every sentence served should be done so in a manner to serve the citizens that were endangered by their acts. Ontop of every prison term, tack on a hundred.. or several hundred hours of guarded community service. I know a lot of city blocks that could have grafitti panted over.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.