First responder vehicle

Well, I'm not sure whether you're talking about an actual vehicle, which is something that belongs in the Apparatus Section. If you're talking about how it might work, here is a good example of how I think it should work.

You have your duty ambulance crew, and a first responder, who takes the car home. Whenever you get a run, the first responder goes directly to the scene, and starts patient care. The real benefit here, is that patient care is done earlier then if it was just the ambulance. What's also nice is that this first responder will not be going along with the duty crew to the hospital, unless it is warranted. This leaves him available to take a second call, if one occurs. Since those can sometimes take a while to get, patient care won't suffer. Even if it goes mutual aid, it starts the patient care early.

There are certain calls that the first responder should not be going on, such as psychiatric calls, and intoxicated person calls (which essentially is the same thing). I've been trying to get this going, however, with the purchase of a new rig, and a building expansion, doesn't look like we will be getting anything anytime soon. Was going to recommend doin it in POV to the squad, but that's giving whackers more of a reason to think about getting light shows on the go.

See if the police department, or fire department have an old car/truck to use. Watch out however, because when they get rid of them, they are you usually beat to hell. Also, I've seen, is that if you do get a car, and it comes time to lettering, look around and try to see if a local shop would do it for free, and offer them a color matched, small advertisement on the back corner panel. I've seen a couple places do this.

Good luck with this program, and let us know how it works.

Note: If this wasn't what you were looking for, sorry for wasting 3 minutes of your time 8) .

I wouldn’t recommend utilizing a used cop car. If your local car dealership wants to donate a car then get a flash, sporty, expressive, fast one! If finance is an issue then consider fundraising, you don’t want to buy a lemon! If you must buy a second hand vehicle then grab one of the local mechanics to tag along and get them to give it the once over.

There’s not much we can say. Get a decent vehicles that can be used in your area taking into consideration things like local terrain ect. Stock it with stuff that can keep someone alive till your transport rocks up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.