POST ANY KNOWN THIRD SERVICES WITH PENSIONS!!!!

vegasmedic

Hey guys! I have been working in Vegas (Private Sector) for 6 years now and I am itching to make a move to a different system. I am looking for Third Services with pensions (is this a sign I am getting old?). I searched on google and could not find a list of all the third services in the US. I was thinking we could start out own. If you know of any post em and what you think about them.. (contact info would be nice also).. Thanks guys

I will get things started.

AUSTIN EMS, Austin Texas www.ci.austin.tx.us/ems/ +great protocols and pay -ridiculous humidity

http://www.cityofbeaumont.com/ems.htm has Texas Municipal Retirement System. Twenty years, and you're good to go, regardless of age.

I think http://www.williamson-county.org/ems/ (north Austin) does too.

Both are high quality systems, but very competitive in hiring, like Austin.

Plus 5 for thinking about your future without switching over to the dark side.

If ya ever think of moving to Florida.......

www.lee-ems.com/ems/default.htm

Lee County EMS covers more than 1,000 square miles with 34 Advanced Life Support ambulances, two twin-engine helicopters, two ALS non-transport units, and on-call bicycle paramedics. 74,996 calls in 2006.

LCEMS participates in High Risk Florida Retirement System (FRS). 25 years and your done with I think average of 80% of the last two years of your salary. Know a guy who just retired, worked for 27 years and took home a 1.2 million dollar retirement sum from the state.

Medic's start @ 52,000 /yr

EMT's start @ 44,860 /yr

Pay is negotiable based on years of experience.

City of Beaumont, Texas Dept. of Public Health EMS immediate openings. TMRS retirement for every dollar you put in ( a set percentage) the city puts in 2. 90/10 BCBS insurance, I pay 81/pay period for wife & 3 kids. dental, vision, cafeteria plan (medical spending account) full vesting in five years, your military time counts toward that. ICMA investments (basically a 401K) City of Baytown Health Dept. EMS 3rd service under health dept. Tex. Municipal Retirement System City of LaPorte, Texas. Hays County EMS, Williamson County EMS (alot of Austin medics make the switch, I'm told) Austin COunty EMS (not to be confused with Austin(cityof)/Travis COunty EMS, alluded to in the previous post) While you are looking, check out East Baton Rouge Parish EMS, in Louisiana

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.