Best books

zzyzx

That... is a good question. Medical book-wise, I'm fond of Bledsoe's Emergency Medical Pharmacology published by Brady. Granted, it has it's mistakes (mostly on dosing calculations and a few contraditions) but it is one of the best EMS pharm books I have come across. It's a great reference. Human Anatomy & Physiology by Elaine N. Marieb is my favourite over-all reference for the body. It is an excellent in-depth source that doesn't 'talk down to you' like many other A&P books. It's also not very thick because it doesn't repeat information. I don't have a favourite EMS care reference since ones like Mosby and Brady "Paramedic Care" books repeat a lot of information that is actually entirely useless to us in the long run. As for enjoyment, I'm currently reading EMS: The Job Of Your Life by Devin Kerins. It's awesome.

It's also not very thick because it doesn't repeat information. I don't have a favourite EMS care reference since ones like Mosby and Brady "Paramedic Care" books repeat a lot of information that is actually entirely useless to us in the long run.

For example... ?

http://us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780323035071 for a pathophysiology text that you have to have.

If you want something that will give you the information that you need http://22e.cecilmedicine.com/buy.cfm?book=goldman if you are looking for something that won't "talk down to you", don't bother with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.