Medic school nightmares.

Do you have any nightmare stories that happened while in school? It seemed, at times, like attending school was bad karma or something.

Here are two of my stories, if you have one or know of someones trials, share them and maybe it will help encourage those who are having a tough go through school.

Two of the students in my paramedic class left for lunch one day and were involved in an mvc(motor vehicle collision). We got reports that one patient had his hand half-way amputated and the other was possibly paralyzed. Later, we find out that this was true of the two that got T-boned (after running red lights per witnesses) by our two classmates. They were both shook up but fine.

Second story is personal but it happened and happens to more than a few. About halfway through class my wife tells me " I am moving out next weekend". Could I please have a heaping helping of stress added to my overwhelmed mind. My instructor commended me, after all was said and done, for staying the course and not quitting class. It made me try that much harder to pull through and persevere.

Please let me know that I am not the only one who went through hell and back for a career. :?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let me know that I am not the only one who went through hell and back for a career. :?

Look at the bright side. If you actually got a career out of it, you're doing better than ninety percent of us in EMS.

My paramedic prep course instructor (who is also a medic school instructor) told us that many divorces have happened during medic school. That's why they have family day at the beginning to discuss coping with the medic student's change in lifestyle and other familial communication issues.

That's why they have family day at the beginning to discuss coping with the medic student's change in lifestyle and other familial communication issues.

Ooooh! Good idea!

You can check out all the babes that way! :twisted:

it is a tough time all involved have to realize the sacrifice

i had to drop last year for many personal reasons i plan on going back but right now my family is the main focus of my life

i should have never went last yearso soon after johnnys death knowing that the kids needed me but when the time is right i will return and complete my dream

Ooooh! Good idea!

You can check out all the babes that way! :twisted:

What do you think caused all the divorces!

And Timmy, you'll get in. I think it's just a question of getting into your preferred school, because there are some reaaallly easy schools out there. But anyway, if you've got your 4-year degree when you apply, I think you'd be a good candidate.

Wow some scary stories here...

My husband and I have talked at great length about these types of issues as well as how our family life is making such a big change. Sure not something to go into blind or not in agreement on.