Another of those pesky tough questions

Re the complaints against the paramedic, simply because he was gay...You fought dirty, but it was needed in that manner.

One of my Volunteer Ambulance people answered the telephone one afternoon. A woman, who said she didn't like the way the service was, or was not, provided, wanted her donation back. My guy asked her for her social security number.

Huh?

"We have to report all donations and expenditures to the Internal Revenue Service, so we'll need your social security number, that we can report that you had been given back your donation."

He was suddenly talking to a hung up phone line.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We have to report all donations and expenditures to the Internal Revenue Service, so we'll need your social security number, that we can report that you had been given back your donation."

He was suddenly talking to a hung up phone line.

LMAO!

That's beauty! :D

Re the complaints against the paramedic, simply because he was gay...You fought dirty, but it was needed in that manner.

How did I fight dirty? I simply stated the facts, if this guy and members of the community hated this guy and the fact he was gay I felt like they should put their money where their mouth is. I didn't care if this guy was straight or gay. As an administrator it was strictly business. He was a great clinician and kept his personal life out of EMS. This redneck fire chief was an idiot and was trying to terrorize me into firing the employee through political and community pressure. Under federal and state laws how could I have acquiesced? As an employer it was simply the wrong thing to do anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.