Epi in NJ

dahlio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My facetious post aside, NO ONE should be administering ANY drug (save for the ones rxed to the pt, and O2), until they go through pharmocology, as well as a test on the medications they will be administering, including, but not limited to;

How the medication acts with the body,

Contraindications to said med,

Indications to the med,

Side affects,

and doseages to be given, even if it is an auto injector.

Knowing is half the battle, and when it comes to my pts, the more you know, the better off they will be!

• 2 weeks later...
Dust, you truely are a DUCHE BAAAAAAAGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Administering an EPI pen is BLS, did you here me I'll say it again, wait, .......here it comes......BLS!!!!!!!!!!! If a service has an inservice to train there emts to administer and EPI pen, and the doc signes off on it, AND , wait , here is the best part, they are stored on the BLS rigs, gee, I think that means it is BLS!!! Minus 5 for being a STRUM JOB!!!!! Boy, you sure no how to make an arsh out of yourself, don't ya!!

Did I tell ya, it is BLS????? :oops:

WOW way to hold back firemedics as proffessionals. I see what you all mean about FF's.

The point Dust is trying to make is that although these ALS tasks are being assigned to BLS cars they are not BLS at all. Hmmmm how do I say this in FF talk??

HEY IDIOT, just because you are authorised to perform an ALS procedure that does not make you ALS.

When you sit in your captains chair in the firehall does that make you a captain?

In AB I can do IV's as A BLS provider....Does that make IV's a BLS procedure? Or does that make me a BLS provider performing ALS procedures?? :roll:

content removed - admin

Let me make this as clear as possible. If an EMT B is authorized to perform a proceedure, regardless of how dangerous it may be, and if the emtb carries such a device on that truck without the supplementation of a medic, and if a doctor authorizes him/her to perform that task, THEN IT IS A BLS SKILL!!!!