Learning association game...

DwayneEMTP

A word association game. Nothing fancy, but maybe fun.

Simply describe the last entry, and then add an entry, that is associated in some anatomical or physiological way, under it.

I'm hoping that some of you that are challenged by this game will participate, and those of you that are comfortable with this information will not simply carry the conversation, making it difficult for students to participate.

In other words, if you think the answer is simple...please don't answer it, let someone else be involved until an entry challenges you, then by all means jump in! (When I was a basic student, I often wanted to play these types of games here, but by the time I'd researched the information and could post, there would be several answers from medics or nurses...I'm just saying.)

That having been said, I'm also hoping that the more medically advanced amongst us will review the answers, quote them, and add to or correct them when/where necessary for the education of us all...

And last but not least. Several posts of "Trying to educate people is the surest way to kill a thread" offers little to no productivity to that attempted education...

OK, enough rules!

example word: Cuboid

Cuboid: A tarsal bone on the lateral side of the foot.

Next word:Calcaneus (See how it's connected? Though it need not have been another bone, it could have been on any organizational level, from molecular on up.)

C'mon gang, here's you chance to show everyone that education is important to you!

Have a great day all!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talus- bridges the tibia/fibula to the calcaneus.

Next word is patella.

Not bad...but what is the patella's direct relationship to the talus? (there may be one, by the way, I'll have to look it up :wink: )

Hm I may have taken the rules a little to loosely but let me attempt to justify the patella. If the talus connects the tibia/fibula to the calcaneus, my logic was the patella connects the thigh muscles to the tibia. That was my thinking!

patella or kneecap is a thick, triangular bone which articulates with the femur and covers and protects the front of the knee joint. It is the largest sesamoid bone in the human body. It is attached to the tendon of the quadriceps femoris muscle, which contracts to straighten the leg. The vastus intermedialis muscle is attached to the base of patella. The vastus lateralis and vastus medialis are attached to lateral and medial borders of patella respectively.

Femur