Learning association game...

DwayneEMTP

Hey LS,

Speaking for myself, no apology, in any form is necessary!

Your passion for correctness is vital, I was only questioning the productivity of the tone of the message.

You know as well as anyone that attempting to foster good spelling, grammar, and above all, logic, is, and should be a constant goal of those that mentor others here...I just wanted to make sure you felt that the message you seemed (to me) to be sending, was the message you intended to deliver.

I often go off in the ditch, I hope you'll yank me up short when/if you believe that I'm negatively effecting the efforts of those that we are here to share knowledge with.

And I was completely sincere when thanking you for the corrections. Just filling in posts does no one any good here...they need to be accurate...it was a kindness that you took the time to point out what many of us missed.

Have a great day LS!

Dwayne

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys put those things away and lets get back to the thread.....

I like this one. '

Terr

external jugular vein- the external jugular vein gathers blood from the outside of the cranium and deep into the face and returns it back to the heart.

Next word is platysma.

For the record, no hard feeling Lone Star, I thrive off of criticism, it's why I spend my time on this board and not others, there are a lot of really bright folks here, and alot of knowledge to be had. I'm here to learn and grow, I expect to be treated like anyone else, from a person curious about EMS to a seasoned paramedic.

platysma

Is a superficial muscle that overlaps the sternocleidomastoid.

Draws the corners of the mouth inferiorly and widens it (as in expressions of sadness and fright). Also draws the skin of the neck superiorly when teeth are clenched. denoting stress, anger; nerve supply, cervical branch of facial.

Sternocleidomastoid muscle

Good word Mike I had forgotten all about that one.

A muscle with origin from the anterior surface of the episternum and from the sternal end of the clavicle, with insertion into the mastoid process and the superior nuchal line, with nerve supply from the accessory nerve, and whose action turns the head obliquely to the opposite side and flexes the neck and extends the head when both sides act together. Also called sternomastoid muscle.

http://www.answers.com/Sternocleidomastoid...cle+?cat=health

New word: manubrium

Tubercle: A nodule or swelling, especially a mass of lymphocytes and epithelioid cells forming the characteristic lesion of tuberculosis or a knoblike process in the skin or on a bone.

[b]New word: Hoover's sign (as applies to respirations)

Hoover's Sign is the bending in of the lower ribs during respiration. It occurs in response to an already flattened diaphragm as seen in COPD and is the body's attempt to ventilate already inflated lungs.

death rattle

Dath Rattle: A gurgling or rattling sound made when the respirations pass through accumulating mucus in the throat of a dying patient. The mucus is present because the patient has lost the 'cough reflex'.

New Word: Agonal Respiration