It's a sad state of affairs...

ERDoc

People like this are a waste of space, time, and education. Did anyone else notice the lack of a spell-check button on that site? The original poster, who claims to be a Paramedic, either needs to slow down whilst typing, or invest in a dictionary.

I have a little firsthand knowledge of Long Islands EMS situ. They have the potential for a good system, but yes, they are caught up in the volunteer system. Don't get me wrong, I do volunteer myself, on occasion, but those folks in L.I. really do need to wake up and go career.

For the record, NY is worse than NJ could ever dream of being, imho.

Came across this website. I can't imagine why EMS cannot get the respect it should. Feel free to hop in and add your opinion. Maybe you guys can help to educate the poorly educated.

Here is another posting on that forum with a similar theme. I'm sure some of our veterans will have a field day with this (cough cough, Dust, cough).

Where the &%$# have you been the last few months? I thought there was an uprising against the medical director and you were burned at the stake or something.

'zilla

Well, at least we know how to smoke ERDoc out when he goes AWOL in the future. :D

The really funny thing is that he probably wasn't even looking for EMS items when he found that one. :lol:

Sad, but not surprisng. Many people who enter EMS have lazy minds. When I was an EMT, I had two medic partners who didn't know what political party the president belonged to. Just the other day, I was listening to NPR and they were talking about Iraq, and the guy I was working with says, "Didn't they execute that guy? Saddam?"

See, the thing is, that guy's right. He CAN go to work, spray morphine, and not really know much about it or why he's really doing it. The certification levels and EMS systems have are setup so that it's possible for people like him to be treating the public. :-/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.