Catalina Island's Baywatch Paramedics

WendyT

The retirement age of a County guard is 55 and from there work a desk, and most of them just retire and do something else. I knew 2 people who are now retired, one from being injured on the job and the other just regular retirement. Jack Campbell lives in Mailbu and worked Santa Monica and Brian worked Zuma.

My favorite show back then was Emergency, 240 Robert, St. Elsewhere and Dougie Houser.

I've been to Catalina and fell in love with it, went to Wrigley memorial, drove a golf cart, met some really nice people and a lady and her dog. Found shards of glass that the ocean wore down. It was a really interesting boat ride over from San Pedro and reading that the Sheriff's vehicle consists of a golf cart, WOW and how many criminals do you think they have, seems they pretty much know everyone, so I guess 0?

Here's the thing Dust, it's like this . . . .you can look but you gotta make it look like your looking at something else, and or you can look but you cant touch. ;)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catalina Island?!?! Isn't that an island that the US Navy uses/used to use for target practice? I recall being stationed on a destroyer once upon a time, and firing Tomahawk cruise missles at the back side of the island. Please tell me I'm not going senile at age 32.

Also, LA County is going to disallow intubation due to all the failed attempts? Do they not teach proper intubation out there? Granted, the combitube is "easier" to use, and possibly safer overall, but...c'mon, seriously!

Also, LA County is going to disallow intubation due to all the failed attempts? Do they not teach proper intubation out there? Granted, the combitube is "easier" to use, and possibly safer overall, but...c'mon, seriously!

Recipe:

Take one firemonkey with no education and no desire to do any more work than necessary to collect his pension. Add six months of mandatory technical training that he resents because he knows it will increase his work and responsibility and decrease his sleep time. Be careful to not contaminate this training with any significant educational foundation that might give him the satisfaction of a true understanding of his capabilities. Simmer on the streets of South Central L.A. with patients it is hard to care about to begin with.

Yeah... I just cannot imagine why medical control would lose faith in the paramedics there.

When I visited La in my tic buff years, I not only visited the LA County Station 127? or I think 127 which was the fire station that they videoed for Emergency, but I also went out to Catalina Island and went diving in the kelp beds. It was one of the best dives i ever went on. But sadly it was like Dec. Jan. and even with a wet suit, the water was cold with a capital C....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.