Stay and play / scoop and scoot

ratel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You done good, the ALS crew can go pound sand.

The only other issue I have is with trying to get a helo with a 22 minute drive time. Unless the bird was hovering overhead when I pulled up, it wouldn't even be a consideration.

That's even without the local consideration on my end that our trauma center's helipad location requires ground transportation from the pad to the ER.

You did fine. I'd have done the same thing if it was me but then again, it's not me.

Tell the ALS provider to defend their decision for me to stay and wait when a perfectly good trauma center/hospital is sitting their without this trauma patient.

Tell the als providers to get bent.

The only distinction between the devices seems to be color coding of the straps, or lack of same. Usage and placement is the same.

However, the KEDs had non-removable straps, while the KODE and IDEA have removable ones. Figure replacement as opposed to attempting cleaning off BBP, plus, there was possibility of blood seepage in the seams on the KEDs, allowing the blood to enter the device. Design of the KODE and IDEA is supposed to eliminate this problem, per my last EMT refresher class.

In Texas medical director can set protocol that allows basics or for that matter paramedics to go beyond NREMT scope.
The protocols still need to be approved by the state, no? Wisconsin DHFS is trying to return all services to the state level. No more John Wayne services. Sorry Dust, couldn't resist.